The seaching for (flashlight) when opening control panel pops in the window
and it takes awhile for the control panel to open. The only thing I have
done lately is add spy sweeper. I did a sweep and quarantined all the
cookies that it found. Is this the right thing to do. I noticed that one of
the cookies was added to my registry. Can anyone give me any advice on this.

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
Item #256 (Restore the Control Panel).

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"goinbezerk" wrote:

| The seaching for (flashlight) when opening control panel pops in the window
| and it takes awhile for the control panel to open. The only thing I have
| done lately is add spy sweeper. I did a sweep and quarantined all the
| cookies that it found. Is this the right thing to do. I noticed that one of
| the cookies was added to my registry. Can anyone give me any advice on this.

Thanks for the reply, I did what you said but that still does not fix the
problem. It's not like the control panel doesn't open at all, it does but it
takes a while, like the path to the control panel is messed up. I remembered
also that I added a password for administrative control so I can use
scheduled tasks, will that cause this problem?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
> Item #256 (Restore the Control Panel).
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "goinbezerk" wrote:
>
> | The seaching for (flashlight) when opening control panel pops in the window
> | and it takes awhile for the control panel to open. The only thing I have
> | done lately is add spy sweeper. I did a sweep and quarantined all the
> | cookies that it found. Is this the right thing to do. I noticed that one of
> | the cookies was added to my registry. Can anyone give me any advice on this.

Update your antvirus software and run a full system scan.

Also scan for scumware/adware/spyware.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:50513A4B-EB8E-42FD-B021-B5E4AC38F6FE@microsoft.com,
goinbezerk <goinbezerk@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks for the reply, I did what you said but that still does not fix the
> problem. It's not like the control panel doesn't open at all, it does
> but it takes a while, like the path to the control panel is messed up. I
> remembered also that I added a password for administrative control so I
> can use scheduled tasks, will that cause this problem?
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
>> Item #256 (Restore the Control Panel).
>>
>> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

------------------

>> "goinbezerk" wrote:
>>
>>> The seaching for (flashlight) when opening control panel pops in the
>>> window and it takes awhile for the control panel to open. The only
>>> thing I have done lately is add spy sweeper. I did a sweep and
>>> quarantined all the cookies that it found. Is this the right thing to
>>> do. I noticed that one of the cookies was added to my registry. Can
>>> anyone give me any advice on this.

Okay I did a chat my computer's support group. Asystem restore back a couple
of days from when I started having this problem took care of it. But like in
my first post I reloaded the SPY SWEEPER program and it started doing it
again. So I sent a request through the WEBROOT web site for some help with
this problem. I'll get back with ya'll when I get an answer from them. I
was wondering if anybody else has installed SPY SWEEPER and had this problem?

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Update your antvirus software and run a full system scan.
>
> Also scan for scumware/adware/spyware.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:50513A4B-EB8E-42FD-B021-B5E4AC38F6FE@microsoft.com,
> goinbezerk <goinbezerk@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Thanks for the reply, I did what you said but that still does not fix the
> > problem. It's not like the control panel doesn't open at all, it does
> > but it takes a while, like the path to the control panel is messed up. I
> > remembered also that I added a password for administrative control so I
> > can use scheduled tasks, will that cause this problem?
> >
> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
> >> Item #256 (Restore the Control Panel).
> >>
> >> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]
> >>
> >> --
> >> Carey Frisch
> >> Microsoft MVP
> >> Windows XP - Shell/User
> >> Microsoft Newsgroups
> >>
> >> Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

My guess, I do not have any first hand knowledge, is that Spy Sweeper adds
something to the Control Panel.

Spy Sweeper is causing your Control Panel problem.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User