Sign in with
Your question

Windows Vista 64 Bit Home Premium or Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Last response: in Video Games
February 4, 2012 8:06:05 PM

which one is better for PC Gaming? I'm currently using Windows Vista 64 Bit Home Premium, will I see a noticeable increase in performance if I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit?

Here's my computer specs
Intel Q9300 2.50 Ghz
Radeon 6970 2 GB
6 GB DDR3 RAM
Eureka3 IPIEL-LA3 Mobo
1 TB Hard Drive
750 Watt PSU
a b $ Windows 7
February 4, 2012 8:49:10 PM

dont think you would see much difference

if your games are bottlenecking it may be down to the cpu
m
l
February 4, 2012 9:03:17 PM

It would either be the same or worse if you swapped to W7 Ultimate. Now, W7 Home Premium or Win XP Pro... that's where you'd see an improvement if there's one to get.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 4, 2012 10:22:06 PM

Hi :) 

No difference at all...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
February 6, 2012 12:31:41 AM

It would decrease though if you were using Home premium 32 Bit though, that's something one could agree with.
m
l
February 6, 2012 7:38:49 AM

well I upgraded to Win7 Home Premium 64 bit today and WOW! I got around 8 ~ 10 increase in fps when playing GTA:IV and Skyrim.
m
l
February 6, 2012 2:14:37 PM

I have windows Vista and i'm definitely not going to upgrade to 7, not with having to reinstall everything. I don't like the theme of windows 7 either, i prefer Vista because it gives you the icon and the title in the taskbar rather than just the icon. It looks like they are all just quick launch icons when some of them are genuine open windows, so it's hard to set aside which is which. i prefer a smaller task bar at the bottom, and if the operating system doesn't give me a boost on FPS actual in-game performance then i'm not interested, and i'm talking about 10 FPS + not 2 -3 FPS more. I have 4GB of ram so i overcome the ram bottleneck that Vista taxes the ram so i have plenty of ram when playing games.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 6, 2012 2:21:13 PM

Nashsafc said:
I have windows Vista and i'm definitely not going to upgrade to 7, not with having to reinstall everything. I don't like the theme of windows 7 either, i prefer Vista because it gives you the icon and the title in the taskbar rather than just the icon. It looks like they are all just quick launch icons when some of them are genuine open windows, so it's hard to set aside which is which. i prefer a smaller task bar at the bottom, and if the operating system doesn't give me a boost on FPS actual in-game performance then i'm not interested, and i'm talking about 10 FPS + not 2 -3 FPS more. I have 4GB of ram so i overcome the ram bottleneck that Vista taxes the ram so i have plenty of ram when playing games.

if you want icon and the title in the taskbar then you just right click taskbar and tell it to never combine in

properties--you can also tell it to use small icons there as well
m
l
!