Best Monitor for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebax

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Hello, over the last month i've been searching for a good monitor for gaming, but over all the options that i have seen i can't decide which monitor to get.

I was looking for a monitor that has the following in this list:
-Great Colors
-2ms Response time
-LED
-IPS Panel
-22" 23"
-1920 x 1080
-$250-$300

I really want a monitor with very good colors because the one i have now doesn't look good at all.

I mostly play FPS such as TF2, BF3, COD, CS:S...

Also i have been looking at these two, but i also want some reference for other brands rather than ASUS.

ASUS ML239H(Newegg Link)

ASUS VE248Q(Newegg Link)

Solution
There are no IPS panels reporting a 2ms G2G time. However, those 2ms g2g measurements don't really accurately reflect whether or not it will be prone to ghosting, and some IPS panels have Black to White and Black to Black response times that are faster than some<--- TN panels. Basically everything you see about grey to grey 2ms response times, dynamic contrast ratio 1billion:1 etc is all murky marketing gimmicks using irrelevant or undefinable controlled lies to fool the consumer.

Just rely on actual reviews of the products themselves.

psychodegu

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Dell U2410, Dell U2412M, or Dell U2412M. I'm not sure which is the best of the 3, as I have there 30 inch model. The GTG time of 2 ms isn't that important as the 8 ms is as good as you need it. Mostly for gaming it is impute lag, that you notice anyway, which no one puts in specs.

oops just noticed the dells are just outside your price range. IPS panels can get pricey!

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Dell u2312hm IPS monitor on sale from dell right now for 235 dollars. I just bought one and can report no visible ghosting and no measurable input lag (not that any monitor really has noticeable input lag anymore). Picture looks good and I'm satisfied. I'd say the dell or the samsung s24a350h which doesn't have quite as nice a picture and has a thicker bezel. Those are the 2 best in your price range, followed by the Asus monitors.

Sebax

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I can always stretch my budget a little bit to get a nice high end gaming monitor. That Dell that is currently on sale looks good, but i think the asus monitors that i had seen already look like a better option.

Now as Brett928S2 said, what can be a good/high end gaming monitor?

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Right, I think Asus only has 1 IPS monitor at the moment. The rest will be TN panels.

psychodegu

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Pretty much getting a Samsung or Dell ips panels, suggestions from us it seems. Now if you want to go for cheaper TN panels then its a different story.

Want to know what I got for a High end gaming monitor; Dell U3011 this is a 30" ips at 2560 x 1600. Now I'm not saying it is the best or even a great deal at over $1300, but It is the nicest screen I'v seen and has some good features. Anything bigger then this and your really in eyefinity multi monitor territory. Not that I can't browse 2 web pages on this things giant screen.

Really I would check out a few reviews for each of those asus, samsung, and dell isp monitors.

Sebax

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

I was thinking something about $300-$400

Also from what you guys have posted seems like the Dell Ultrasharps are good choices, but it doesn't seem that all of them have HDMI connectors. Is this true? if not what's a good one that does have HDMI conectors and isn't over $500

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
There are no IPS panels reporting a 2ms G2G time. However, those 2ms g2g measurements don't really accurately reflect whether or not it will be prone to ghosting, and some IPS panels have Black to White and Black to Black response times that are faster than some<--- TN panels. Basically everything you see about grey to grey 2ms response times, dynamic contrast ratio 1billion:1 etc is all murky marketing gimmicks using irrelevant or undefinable controlled lies to fool the consumer.

Just rely on actual reviews of the products themselves.

Solution

Sebax

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Now i'm a bit more confused than before about this whole monitor thing. First I don't know if an ISP Panel is a good option for gaming because they do have slower response times, but they have better color and that is the main thing i'm looking for. Then the prices, some are just too much and some have very low prices that make you think if they are any good.

Sebax

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Ok, i've made up my mind. I'm going for an ASUS ML series monitor, but i don't know which one as there are two types, MVA and IPS so i'll make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.