Sign in with
Your question

Voltage Rails High & Low

Last response: in Components
April 10, 2005 9:34:00 PM

I have been getting some warnings about my voltage rails dropping some. Simple question: Can someone post what the high/low/and average voltage should be across the rails???

I jut bought an antec true power 430W...my cheapO psu had the voltage drop too low and was crashing my system.

More about : voltage rails high low

April 11, 2005 2:02:10 AM

Do the math, it's a 10% max swing, no more than 5% above or 5% below the rated voltage (all lines).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
April 11, 2005 4:41:47 PM

ALL rails should never do +-5% from the set rails or you will encounter stability issues, the neccesity to overvolt just to give the proper current, or even software corruption.

Got an Antec eh? I have a TruePower550 that only does 4.65v on the 5v rail. Sometimes cannot get past the posting.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>
!