Fortron Source 550w PSU Low 5v amps?

Dont think this matters but notices the fortron source 550 5v rail has only 29amps while the Antec 550 has 40w on its 5v rail. Gotta rig that keeps rebooting right after the post beep and thinking its got juice problems so wanna pay extra attention to the electrical details.

Watcha think Crash?

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>
4 answers Last reply
More about fortron source 550w amps
  1. Keep a log of your voltages, I doubt that's the problem. Sometimes FSP supplies do come set a tiny bit low, like 4.9v on the 5v line, but that's still considered well within reason.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  2. Oh no you misunderstand me, I dont have a FSP yet but am in the market for one and noticed the 550 Fortron only has 29amps on the 5v rail while other makers have their 5v rail going 40 amps. Is this going to be a prob?

Also notice you mentioning the 530watt FSP alot and wondered is that their "really good" one?

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>
  3. I don't see today's systems using nearly that much power on the 5v line. Add to that Fortron rating their rails at 70% peak capacity to insure a 100% duty cycle (29A continuously without cooling down, probably as much as 41A capability), and I don't think you could possibly see a problem given the types of hardware available for the PC builder.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  4. I have the FSP 500w blue storm, and I got it on Crashman's recommendation. Listen to him, the man knows what he's talking about!

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>
    <i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>
    <pre> Always remember to keep testicles away from live wiring </pre><p>
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Font Components