less than full processer usage

I have several new Dell PC's running XP professional. None of them seem to
be able to have any one task exceed 50% processer uasge. Is there some
setting that limits usage?
2 answers Last reply
More about less full processer usage

    SteveP wrote:
    > I have several new Dell PC's running XP professional. None of them
    > seem to be able to have any one task exceed 50% processer uasge. Is
    > there some setting that limits usage?

    No..
    What are you doing that wyou would expect this to happen?
    Go here:
    http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml
    Get "HeavyLoad 2.0" and run it on a system.. Have Task Manager up - if you
    do not hit 100% - then come back and report it to us.. Otherwise - nice
    systems.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Why would you want the CPU to run at 100% usage on one program??
    You couldn't run anything includuing Windows background maintainance
    procedures that are necessary for Windows to run?
    The lower the CPU Usage percentage is the better performance you will have.

Windows XP Dell Microsoft