less than full processer usage

I have several new Dell PC's running XP professional. None of them seem to
be able to have any one task exceed 50% processer uasge. Is there some
setting that limits usage?

SteveP wrote:
> I have several new Dell PC's running XP professional. None of them
> seem to be able to have any one task exceed 50% processer uasge. Is
> there some setting that limits usage?

No..
What are you doing that wyou would expect this to happen?
Go here:
http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml
Get "HeavyLoad 2.0" and run it on a system.. Have Task Manager up - if you
do not hit 100% - then come back and report it to us.. Otherwise - nice
systems.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Why would you want the CPU to run at 100% usage on one program??
You couldn't run anything includuing Windows background maintainance
procedures that are necessary for Windows to run?
The lower the CPU Usage percentage is the better performance you will have.