Sign in with
Your question

I need any advice

Last response: in Video Games
July 31, 2003 12:40:46 AM

HI all. Thanks for reading this post. I need you advice please. I am a VERY dedicated Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2003 player. I am on a winning Low Grav, Instagiber Capture the Flag Clan but here is the problem. I have reciently had a problem with my inner ears and it has been determined that it is Meniere's Disease. Since this attack about 3 weeks ago I have a hard time playing. The fast movement can make me dizzy, and my game play is suffering. I really like shooters with team play. Can you recommend a game to me that is slower moving, team play, shooter? Im hoping that I will get better but, just in case. I guess that is what happens when you are 37 and a dedicated gammer hehe. Thans again for any input. Take care and god bless.

They are our, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors. They are OUR TROOPS! Please support them.

More about : advice

July 31, 2003 12:58:03 AM

I haven't played it, but what about Ghost Recon (or one of it's ilk)? From what I know about it, it sounds like it's not a "run and gun" type of game so it may be slower paced, plus it's squad based. There's also Battlefield 1942 where you can play as a sniper and just hide out and pick people off from a distance.
July 31, 2003 1:31:05 AM

Thanks for the advice. I def will look into them. I was thinking of buying Ghost Recon anyway. COOL! I don't know much about 1942. I will see if I can find a demo. If there is any others please let me know. Thanks all. Take care.

They are our, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors. They are OUR TROOPS! Please support them.
Related resources
July 31, 2003 3:34:34 AM

Quote:
I need any advice

Remove your left testicle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font color=red>You can't fool me. You're a female with those bumps on your chest that I find so hypnotizing. - Zyprd
July 31, 2003 3:52:37 AM

Rainbow Six (the 3rd one was recently released) was the other one I was thinking of but couldn't remember the name. There is a multiplayer demo of BattleField 1942 out there and a demo for the new Rainbow Six, but I'm not sure if it's a multiplayer demo.
July 31, 2003 4:07:45 AM

I am just like you...I love shooters, but get terribly sick for the rest of the day after playing for only about an hour. The games that I have been able to play successfully are: Battlefied 1942 (GREAT GAME!!!), GTA, Jedi Knight II, Medal of Honor, Spider-man (with underthemask cheat enabled) and Theif's I&II. Okay, they are not all shooters, but they are all great games in my book. Lately Battlefield 1942 has been my favorite. Great options of weapons...very good game. Hope this helps!
July 31, 2003 5:25:28 AM

counter strike is a good deal slower than unreal, closer to real time i would say.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015
July 31, 2003 11:55:34 AM

Thanks guys for your time in this thread. I am going to take your advice and run with the games you told me. Take care all. dhlucke, bite me.

July 31, 2003 1:29:14 PM

Ya anything to do with Halflife (like TFC/Counterstrike, etc.) is slower compared to current FPS games.

Sorry to hear of your troubles =\
July 31, 2003 1:30:35 PM

Just a thought...

You also might just have to change your gaming style... Try out some RPG's or RTS games, they can be just as fun, and might not be as painful to play.
July 31, 2003 7:38:16 PM

Dude..
Uncalled for.

<font color=red> "It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations." - Sir Winston Churchill </font color=red>
July 31, 2003 9:52:00 PM

Thanks Esso. Yea, I am a big HalfLife fan. I an going to be a n00b with it online soon. I also have Team Fortress, but Im having a real hard time getting it set up online. I cant get into any servers. I get an error message saying that I need to download a map before I can enter the server but I dont know where to download the maps from..??? I am going to have to purchase Counter Strike. Thanks again everyone for your help and concern. Take care all.

August 1, 2003 3:54:52 AM

Huh? Should I have suggested the right one?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font color=red>You can't fool me. You're a female with those bumps on your chest that I find so hypnotizing. - Zyprd
August 2, 2003 1:00:49 AM

BF1942 is fun and relatively slow. Also if you like strategy and teamplay VS. run and gun, definitely check out America's Army. It can be VERY slow depending on the map, and requires patience and planning. After UT it will take a long time to get used to, but as for strategy in an FPS, I think its one of the best. Kinda sucks if you get stuck with a bunch of random noobs tho. :p 

<font color=white><b>_________________________________________________</font color=white></b>
Armadillo<font color=orange>[</font color=orange><font color=green>TcC</font color=green><font color=orange>]</font color=orange> at Lanwar and MML
August 2, 2003 5:02:46 PM

BF 1942 is great, but it really rapes system resources. If you don't have a good comp. then forget it.

About needing maps for TFC, yes halflife never had the best system for transfering maps, so most admins don't let you download from the server. The best thing you can do about this is do either memorize the map name and then do a google search for it (ie: cz2 +download) or search for some "tfc map packs" Usually map packs contain all the fun/cool maps that are the common favorites.

Oh, and the same goes for CS, you'll want to definately download some map packs, I think my TFC and CS map directories are close to 500-600MB a piece. Yes, my HL directory is over 2gigs! o_O

btw, lumathix, who were talking to?
August 5, 2003 2:54:24 AM

Thank you all. I am grateful for you time in this thread.. I did take everyones advice with CS and 1942. Since I played Half Life Im playing that a little more. Im still trying to figure out how to get started in 1942. hehe. If some one can send me a link to CS maps, I would be grateful. Any advice with 1942 would be appreciated. Take care all. Thanks again..

August 6, 2003 1:25:27 AM

What problems are you having with Battlefield 1942? I know when I play multiplayer games I need to disable my Firewall to be able to see any of the servers that are running.
August 6, 2003 3:23:40 PM

Hehe.. I just dont know what Im doing with 1942.. thats all. I connect to a server and I see a map on the right hand side and I dont know what to do from there to enter the game. Thanks again. Take care all.

August 6, 2003 3:24:48 PM

Thanks Esso.. Take care buddy.

August 7, 2003 1:17:24 AM

I think you need to pick sides and a "class" like engineer or medic. Then click on one of the spawn points on the map. I've only played the multi-player demo so I could be wrong.
August 7, 2003 1:04:55 PM

Thanks Corpus. I'll give it another try. Take care.

!