I'm attempting to use Everquest 2 on a laptop for when I travel. It is
a Dell D600 with an ATI Radeo 9000. The game loads fine but when I get
into it different areas are colored strange and it drags. I updated
the video drivers to the latest. version and I hae the same problem
with colors and the screen updates seem even slower. I checked the
compatability with SOE and it passes and shows to be compatible. I
wonder if there is a setting in the ATI stuff that is causing problems.
Anyone have any suggestion?

"elgean" <c_naegle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm attempting to use Everquest 2 on a laptop for when I travel. It is
> a Dell D600 with an ATI Radeo 9000. The game loads fine but when I get
> into it different areas are colored strange and it drags. I updated
> the video drivers to the latest. version and I hae the same problem
> with colors and the screen updates seem even slower. I checked the
> compatability with SOE and it passes and shows to be compatible. I
> wonder if there is a setting in the ATI stuff that is causing problems.
> Anyone have any suggestion?

I had a problem with that triangular tearing in crowded or big zones. The
single biggest performance boost I got was when I played with the water
effects in the options menu. There's a setting (don't remember exactly how
its worded) that says something like 'refresh once'. Even in bigger zones
where there is no water (like NQ) I got a dramatic performance.

Turning off the shadows also helped a lot.

I'm jealous that you can play on the road...

LoonBoon