Sign in with
Your question

Third person shooters

Last response: in Video Games
February 5, 2012 6:09:44 PM

hi all

im looking for some reccomendations of good third person shooters, action, adventure type games. Thanks in advance :bounce: 

More about : person shooters

February 5, 2012 6:30:28 PM

The only ones I've played recently are Mass Effect 1 & 2 and GTA 4. I'm not big on 3rd person games. Other than those three I've played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2. That's it.
February 5, 2012 6:36:27 PM

cool yeah i have GTA 4 i will check out the star wars games thanks
Related resources
February 5, 2012 7:20:23 PM

Those Star Wars are old games and are not officially supported by Windows 7. I believe there is an hack for them so you can play in Win 7.

I highly recommend Mass Effect though if you have not played it. It has a very good storyline which is a reason why I bought and BioWare is known for making excellent RGPs.

BioWare also developed the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 (KOTOR 2 was developed by Obsidian), but the controls are a bit quirky compared to Mass Effect. Not surprising since BioWare had a long time to refine the controls.

I am contemplating Dragon Age: Origins (2009) because it has received good reviews and it is another RPG developed by BioWare so I'm pretty sure I will give this 3rd person game a shot.
February 5, 2012 8:25:58 PM

The last two red faction I think were third person. And just cause 2 another third person was better then I thought it was going to be.
February 5, 2012 8:29:18 PM

ArmA 1&2, Combat Sims though, very difficult

the thing is their 1st and 3rd person all you gotta do is press "Enter" on the Number Pad and you'll switch to 3rd person.

-Mithness
February 5, 2012 8:34:17 PM

cool guys thanks for the recommendations I will definitely take a look at these
February 6, 2012 7:41:20 AM

Dead Space 1 and 2! One of the best Third Persons's AND its a horror series! Also, Max Payne 1 and 2 are good oldies. Splinter Cell: Conviction...great stealth play!
February 6, 2012 12:10:32 PM

Just Cause 2, The Witcher 2, Dead Rising 2, Red Faction Guerilla (new one is poor imo)

Skyrim can be played in TPS
February 6, 2012 12:26:52 PM

Dead space 2 and Mass effect 1 or 2 take this completely hats off. :-)
February 6, 2012 12:54:32 PM

Also Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. If you liked Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath, this is your game. There's a PC demo if you want to try it out first. (Though if you have a Radeon card you'll need to force at least 2x MSAA in CCC to play the demo on all high settings.)
!