Hello. I am not sure I am in the correct forum, but I recently started
having a problem with an application starting to load and then a message
coming up stating that there was a problem with the "ntdll.dll" file.

I even located a copy to download, placed that in the \Windows\System32
folder and each time I continue to attempt to launch this application, it
partially starts up, then hangs and then gives me the error message.

Is there something I am not doing correctly? Any suggestions? It had been
working just fine for the past year or so and about a month ago, BOOM, this
error message came up.

Thanks much for any help
Francine

"Francine" <Francine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I am not sure I am in the correct forum, but I recently started
> having a problem with an application starting to load and then a message
> coming up stating that there was a problem with the "ntdll.dll" file.
>
> I even located a copy to download, placed that in the \Windows\System32
> folder and each time I continue to attempt to launch this application, it
> partially starts up, then hangs and then gives me the error message.
>
> Is there something I am not doing correctly? Any suggestions? It had
> been
> working just fine for the past year or so and about a month ago, BOOM,
> this
> error message came up.
>
> Thanks much for any help
> Francine

Francine

We need some more information to help you. What is the application causing
the problem?

Kerry

I can't help you but will "Watch Conversation". I don't know if we have the
same problem but I started getting the same error at random times clicking
random web pages. It never happens if it is the first access; just if I am
on a web and then click to another. Or sometimes it is when I closed the
second web.

There probably is nothing wrong with the ntdll.dll itself but something it
attempts to do is bad.

Plus, my problem also started about one month ago the same as you.

What application is giving you this error?

Frank

"Francine" <Francine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I am not sure I am in the correct forum, but I recently started
> having a problem with an application starting to load and then a message
> coming up stating that there was a problem with the "ntdll.dll" file.
>
> I even located a copy to download, placed that in the \Windows\System32
> folder and each time I continue to attempt to launch this application, it
> partially starts up, then hangs and then gives me the error message.
>
> Is there something I am not doing correctly? Any suggestions? It had
> been
> working just fine for the past year or so and about a month ago, BOOM,
> this
> error message came up.
>
> Thanks much for any help
> Francine

It occurs when I launch an application called "PowerTools for AOL" and AOL
9.0SE. I had been using both of these applications together for well over a
year and then suddenly, the problem began.

I also ran sfc/scannow to see if that would resolve the problem, but it did
not. I even reinstalled ntdll.dll into my \Windows\System32 folder, but that
did not correct it either. Actually, I did the file replacement first and
then the sfc/scannow.

I am at a loss.

"FrankV" wrote:

> I can't help you but will "Watch Conversation". I don't know if we have the
> same problem but I started getting the same error at random times clicking
> random web pages. It never happens if it is the first access; just if I am
> on a web and then click to another. Or sometimes it is when I closed the
> second web.
>
> There probably is nothing wrong with the ntdll.dll itself but something it
> attempts to do is bad.
>
> Plus, my problem also started about one month ago the same as you.
>
> What application is giving you this error?
>
> Frank
>
> "Francine" <Francine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello. I am not sure I am in the correct forum, but I recently started
> > having a problem with an application starting to load and then a message
> > coming up stating that there was a problem with the "ntdll.dll" file.
> >
> > I even located a copy to download, placed that in the \Windows\System32
> > folder and each time I continue to attempt to launch this application, it
> > partially starts up, then hangs and then gives me the error message.
> >
> > Is there something I am not doing correctly? Any suggestions? It had
> > been
> > working just fine for the past year or so and about a month ago, BOOM,
> > this
> > error message came up.
> >
> > Thanks much for any help
> > Francine

Sorry for the lack of info.

I am launching a program called "PowerTools for AOL " (ver 12) and AOL
9.0SE. What is strange is that I have successfully been using both for well
over a year now and then suddenly, this started to occur about a month ago.

I was able to locate a new ntdll.dll file at www.dll-files.com, and I did
locate the ntdll.dll file, I believe in the \Windows\System32 AND the
\Windows\System file, I believe. I renamed the old ones, since it would not
let me delete them and then placed a new one in those folders. That did not
work.

Yesterday, I ran sfc/scannow - twice -- and that did not work.

I am running Windows XP SP2 - have lots of everything - RAM, etc etc.

This is perplexing and I have stumped several help desks with this issue.
It is annoying and I am wondering if it is impacting anything else that I
might not be aware of at this time.

Thanks for your help!
Francine

> Sorry for the lack of info.
>
> I am launching a program called "PowerTools for AOL " (ver 12) and AOL
> 9.0SE. What is strange is that I have successfully been using both for
> well
> over a year now and then suddenly, this started to occur about a month
> ago.
>
> I was able to locate a new ntdll.dll file at www.dll-files.com, and I did
> locate the ntdll.dll file, I believe in the \Windows\System32 AND the
> \Windows\System file, I believe. I renamed the old ones, since it would
> not
> let me delete them and then placed a new one in those folders. That did
> not
> work.
>
> Yesterday, I ran sfc/scannow - twice -- and that did not work.
>
> I am running Windows XP SP2 - have lots of everything - RAM, etc etc.
>
> This is perplexing and I have stumped several help desks with this issue.
> It is annoying and I am wondering if it is impacting anything else that I
> might not be aware of at this time.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> Francine
>
> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
>> "Francine" <Francine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello. I am not sure I am in the correct forum, but I recently started
>> > having a problem with an application starting to load and then a
>> > message
>> > coming up stating that there was a problem with the "ntdll.dll" file.
>> >
>> > I even located a copy to download, placed that in the \Windows\System32
>> > folder and each time I continue to attempt to launch this application,
>> > it
>> > partially starts up, then hangs and then gives me the error message.
>> >
>> > Is there something I am not doing correctly? Any suggestions? It had
>> > been
>> > working just fine for the past year or so and about a month ago, BOOM,
>> > this
>> > error message came up.
>> >
>> > Thanks much for any help
>> > Francine
>>
>> Francine
>>
>> We need some more information to help you. What is the application
>> causing
>> the problem?
>>
>> Kerry

I don't use AOL. I have some experience with it on customer's computers. If
at all possible get rid of it. Other than this advice I can only suggest you
try AOL support. If this is the only program that gets the error I suspect
there is something wrong with the program not the ntdll.dll file.

Kerry