Sign in with
Your question

How do i take xbox video splitscreen and send one part of split video to one tv

Last response: in Video Games
February 5, 2012 8:31:18 PM

how do i take xbox video splitscreen and send one part of split video to one tv and the other part to another tv
i want to take the video coming from an xbox game in split screen play take one half send to one tv then send the other half to other tv.
i know i can split the video source from xbox to two tv's with some splitter but i need to isolate each portion of video and send top half of split screen to one tv then send bottom half to other tv
February 5, 2012 8:39:45 PM

without some serious realtime editing, you can't a splitter just duplicates, you need to edit and duplicate. have you got a budget in mind for doing it? it'd also introduce some delay probably.
m
l
April 10, 2012 3:30:11 AM

alot of trouble to go through... im assuming for split screen so that the other person cant look of your screen and vice versa? the easiest and cheapist way to do this is probably to split the signal too two tvs like you said, then cover the opposite half with black construction paper or a brown paperbag. same effect: about a 3 cent pricetag.
m
l
Related resources
April 10, 2012 3:31:37 AM

does it necessarily need to be on the same console? if you had yours and a friends, you could run a LAN party and problem solved.
m
l
April 10, 2012 4:09:59 AM

6_5x47lapua said:
does it necessarily need to be on the same console? if you had yours and a friends, you could run a LAN party and problem solved.

ive wondered how to do this too and considered hooking up via LAN because i do have an extra console at the moment but if you wanna play live the other person has to have a gold account so this wouldnt work...
m
l
April 10, 2012 6:14:07 PM

Quote:
ive wondered how to do this too and considered hooking up via LAN because i do have an extra console at the moment but if you wanna play live the other person has to have a gold account so this wouldnt work...
yes so the only reason you would really want to do this is for offline play. its i good theory, ive thought about it myself.
m
l
!