Laptop wireless problems

For some reason one of my cetrino laptops refuses to connect to my network,
it's been working perfectly before.

It will keep comming up saying "one or more wireless networks is available,
to view a list click here etc etc..." and when I do, my network is visible
and I click connect and just does nothing, the same message will pop up
again within 2 minutes.

I've gone through all the config, changed the SSIDM the channel, the WEP
password, everything!! I've reset the router and started again. But the
laptop just won't have it. It will connect, but after a reboot or standy it
won't connect again.

I have other PCs happily connected to the same network all day long,
distance isn't the issue and I have configured lan IP reservsation but it
just doesn't stick...

please help?
2 answers Last reply
More about laptop wireless problems

    "mike" <mikea@localhost.net> wrote in message
    > For some reason one of my cetrino laptops refuses to connect to my
    > network, it's been working perfectly before.
    >
    > It will keep comming up saying "one or more wireless networks is
    > available, to view a list click here etc etc..." and when I do, my network
    > is visible and I click connect and just does nothing, the same message
    > will pop up again within 2 minutes.
    >
    > I've gone through all the config, changed the SSIDM the channel, the WEP
    > password, everything!! I've reset the router and started again. But the
    > laptop just won't have it. It will connect, but after a reboot or standy
    > it won't connect again.
    >
    > I have other PCs happily connected to the same network all day long,
    > distance isn't the issue and I have configured lan IP reservsation but it
    > just doesn't stick...
    >
    > please help?

    perhaps the minipci card has a fault, they (Intel) are not to expensive now
    so maybe worth a change. It could also be worth reloading (updating) its
    firmware.

    I had a similar problem. One of our laptops just stopped working,
    while the other was fine. The other had been in a Dell warehouse being
    repaired for the previous week and a half. When it came back it
    worked, but there were lots of Windows Updates waiting. After a couple
    days, it failed too. I suspect it to be the Windows Update that
    triggered the problem, but it was fixed by updating the firmware on the
    router.

    I don't know what router you're using, but in the notes for the
    firmware update for my netgear mr814v2 was something about fixing a
    compatability issue with centrino (though my system was not centrino).

    Have you tried connecting without encryption? I was able to connect so
    long as I wasn't using wep.

    Either way, and whatever router you're using, try getting the latest
    firmware. Worked for me.

    hunwalla

Wireless Laptops Connection Wireless Networking