Hi just joined this forum today to see if anyone kind enought can help

--
strobe2
strobe2's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2690

strobe2 wrote:
> Hi just joined this forum today to see if anyone kind enought can help
> me out The problem is one of my drives has a virus,i have done a
> complete scan with online virus scans such as panda Trend micro
> housecall etc, i have used my norton program too but when these
> programs carry out a full system scan ,it gets to a certain point my
> computer makes a clicking noise for a second then my screen freezes
> up i cant move the mouse pointer basicaly screen freezes. i know i
> have some infected files but i dont know which ones are infected as
> the virus scan dosnt finish and show end results i have been banging
> my head of the wall for the last month and i dont know what too do
> ...i dont want to take it into a shop and fix it as i know with the
> right guidance from someone i can do it my self thanks .....strobe 2

Install and update your favorite active antivirus software.
Purchase and install a new hard disk drive. Get it up and running and
formatted.
Copy all files from the bad drive to the new drive - because it sounds like
("computer makes a clicking noise for a second then my screen freezes") you
have yourself a hardware problem, my firend. The good part is that if it
can make it through the copy, it will have scanned (with a good AV software)
every file it copied.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

crazy

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004

I concur with the posted response... the clicking is your drive heads
searching and running over bad tracks, thus end of operation,m Hard Drive
Crash.
Fortunately you can purchase Hard Drives fairly cheap, but be sure to make a
large enough Partition for Windows to intertwine with any other software you
want to load, with some room for growth.
You can store files or data on a seperate partition--but Windows seems to
like to integrate with programs so multi-tasking and indexing seem to run
more efficiently.

You can learn from your mistakes, but it's cheaper to learn from someone
elses!!!
C-ya, Crazy