How do i take xbox video splitscreen and send one part of split video

dill

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
how do i take xbox video splitscreen and send one part of split video to one tv and the other part to another tv
i want to take the video coming from an xbox game in split screen play take one half send to one tv then send the other half to other tv.
i know i can split the video source from xbox to two tv's with some splitter but i need to isolate each portion of video and send top half of split screen to one tv then send bottom half to other tv

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

this will depend on your televion, some television allow you to set different inputs in split screen so you must read the television manual and see if there is support for that;

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
is that possible to do that? I see the total sense and convenience in what he's saying but i don't think consoles unfortunately let you do that. There's always something that lets you down, you never get what you want, consumer products of a garbage business.

Even on a PC you couldn't do it unless you were playing eyefinity on to identical screen and the split was vertical, and then you'd be doing it because it happened to work.
At the video card level, you have to split the output, i'm sure video editing software and hardware can do it on the fly, but not enough for gaming, and not at a reasonable cost.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
you can't play split screen on a computer the game doesn't have the mode for it. There's single player or multi player, and multi player is done online. Unless your playing games like Lego Racers where'd you'd probably get split screen. Rare games.

Tom Sidey

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
If your TV's have zoom function, you could use a tv splitter cable to copy (mirror) the same output image to 2 TV's, and then zoom into the half of the screen you want on each TV respectively, but although this is probably the cheapest way to do this, you will lose picture quality and it will look cheap and it depends on whether both of your TV's can support this.

For the best result and if money isn't a problem, then you'd have to buy another xbox and copy of the game for your second TV, and then the appropriate connectivity cables, and you could play over LAN with full 1080p resolution on each screen.