Sign in with
Your question
Closed

CASE CUTTING TOOLS

Last response: in Components
April 19, 2005 1:54:47 AM

Shall I get a 10 dollar "nibbler" (intimidating name, I dare not utter it aloud, but typing is "ok")
or just stick with my 95$ Dremel, but have to go buy a 20$ accessory kit to get a nice # of disks and other accessories I need anyways?
also...

EDIT! Perhaps a combination of the two!!!! I use chalk with a compass (black case) and i nibble out to about 77mm or so, so that the chalk is still visible, then i use my dremel grinder to smooth it out, then a wire thingy to make it nice!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by KeeperHET on 04/19/05 01:36 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : case cutting tools

April 19, 2005 6:05:32 PM

if you have a regular drill just get a circle saw for 13 dollars.

go tell your alien brothers, that ronnie cordova says they're gay!!! <A HREF="http://sockbaby.com" target="_new"> sock baby </A>
April 19, 2005 7:28:10 PM

You will always have a consumables cost. Blades get dull, discs break, pieces wear down.

A corded Dremel should be fine for 99% case modding. Shop Sam's Club/COSTCO for those $19 accessory kits. I bought one with about 300 discs/stones/etc. and still have plenty to go through.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>
Related resources
April 19, 2005 8:27:48 PM

There are 3 nibblers, straight line, curve left and curve right.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
April 20, 2005 2:52:52 AM

reminds me of another tool
guffaw!
well, really, should i just nibble most of it and grind with my dremel?

<font color=purple>
AMD Athlon XP2400+
MSI 6600GT 128meg
1 Gig DDR Ram
240Gigs HDD space
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
7 40mm, 3 60mm, 4 80mm 1 blower
228.13 total CFM
</font color=purple>
April 21, 2005 5:18:13 AM

Nibblers do cause minor warping at the edge of the cut. Heck, you'd might as well clamp the sheet between a couple boards and use a jigsaw...

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
April 21, 2005 10:48:06 AM

Just buy a hole saw (Im assuming you want to cut fan holes) I cut 2x120mm holes in the top of my case with a junior hack saw..I would not recommend it.
a c 144 ) Power supply
May 3, 2012 11:57:35 AM

This topic has been closed by Jsc
!