Program Files open on startup

Whenever I startup my computer C:\Program Files opens on its own. I've seen
other posts where others have a similar situation with the My Documents
folder opening. I have tried the methods for correcting that issue but
nothing has worked so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about program files open startup

    Stevill64 <Stevill64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Whenever I startup my computer C:\Program Files opens on its own. I've seen
    >other posts where others have a similar situation with the My Documents
    >folder opening. I have tried the methods for correcting that issue but
    >nothing has worked so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    See "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) for about how to find out
    if some invalid link in your startup settings causes this.

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

    Thx for the info. After a bit of messing around it turns out it was Webroots
    Window Washer that was somehow causing the problem. I uninstalled it and
    everything starts up just fine now. Thanks again.

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > Stevill64 <Stevill64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Whenever I startup my computer C:\Program Files opens on its own. I've seen
    > >other posts where others have a similar situation with the My Documents
    > >folder opening. I have tried the methods for correcting that issue but
    > >nothing has worked so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > See "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP"
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) for about how to find out
    > if some invalid link in your startup settings causes this.
    >
    > --
    > (tm)
    > ICQ: 192649233

    Stevill64 <Stevill64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Thx for the info. After a bit of messing around it turns out it was Webroots
    >Window Washer that was somehow causing the problem. I uninstalled it and
    >everything starts up just fine now. Thanks again.

    You are welcome.

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

Computers My Documents Microsoft Windows XP