Growing pagefile

Hi

I am currently testing some third-party software on Win XP Pro and my
page file has grown to 1.75 Gig and still growing.

Is there a utility that can tell me what is in the pagefile and how
much space it is taking up.

Thanks

--
darronb
darronb's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2819

    "darronb" <darronb.1rdw0h@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote...

    > I am currently testing some third-party software on Win XP Pro and my
    > page file has grown to 1.75 Gig and still growing.
    >
    > Is there a utility that can tell me what is in the pagefile and how
    > much space it is taking up.

    Task Manager shows the overall usage on the performance tab. You can also add
    the "VM size" column to the Processes tab so you can monitor it dynamically by
    the process that is using it.

    XP Page File Monitor
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_pagefilemon.htm

    See
    How big should the page file be?
    here...
    Virtual Memory in Windows XP
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:darronb.1rdw0h@no-mx.msusenet.com,
    darronb <darronb.1rdw0h@no-mx.msusenet.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am currently testing some third-party software on Win XP Pro and my
    > page file has grown to 1.75 Gig and still growing.
    >
    > Is there a utility that can tell me what is in the pagefile and how
    > much space it is taking up.
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > --
    > darronb