Sign in with
Your question

MicroSoft Flight - available Feb 29th - free download

Last response: in Video Games
February 7, 2012 2:57:52 PM

THG News Story: Microsoft Flight takes to the virtual skies on Leap Day.

"Microsoft's rebooted Flight Simulator franchise for the PC -- AKA Microsoft Flight -- will officially take to the virtual skies on February 29. Interested PC gamers worldwide will be able to download it for free and explore the Big Island of Hawaii without having to shell out a dime. Even more, players who sign in to their Games for Windows -- LIVE account automatically receive additional free content, including the Boeing Stearman plane, supplementary missions, and access to Achievements and an Online Pilot Profile."
February 9, 2012 2:48:01 PM

Cool, but looks like it's a free "demo", just like all the other "PLAY FOR FREE!!!" things. 5 minutes of free content :-)
February 9, 2012 5:07:15 PM

I am really looking forward playing this flight simulator. I just bought the old flight simulator 2004 for my cousin :) 
Related resources
February 10, 2012 1:51:28 PM

I loved Flight Simulator 2004, and now I'm looking forward to this one.
February 29, heh...
February 20, 2012 5:09:00 PM

im a flight sim fan but i never liked the m.s take on it... they just arnt fun games? i thought id give x-plane a try and its just as tedious...
if they turned it into a war game then yeah great. you take off over your home town and defend your own country. world wide on the web... limit the game by setting era's for the plains so you dont end up with an f15 hunting a sopwith cammel and it could be fun... but looking at dashboard and flying to your next ir beacon just doesnt do it for me...
February 20, 2012 5:50:56 PM

This game looks like it was designed to run on old machines. If I'm going to spend time just flying around from spot to spot, the least I want is for the game to actually look good.

February 20, 2012 5:56:52 PM

You mean like BF3 being designed to run on older hardware with low settings?
That's pretty much a gaming industry standard tactic to increase sales.
February 20, 2012 6:06:06 PM

WR2 said:
You mean like BF3 being designed to run on older hardware with low settings?
That's pretty much a gaming industry standard tactic to increase sales.
\

BF3 looks great when you crank it up....I haven't seen any videos of this game yet that show even a moderately high level of graphic quality.

It looks like it was designed to run on old machines, without much effort to make it look much better on anything else.

February 20, 2012 6:14:22 PM

You'll be able to check it out in 10 days.
!