SP2 blocking connections

Hi, I installed Xp SP2 last night and now have no internet connection on my
PC. Firefox and IE won't connect and OUtlook can't send and recieve -
error0x80040900. I''ve disabled Windows Firewall (I have a wireless router
firewall). And I've tried pinging my laptop but the two machines aren't
talking. I'm sure this it simple to resolve, but I'm stumped!
--
Thanks
MrBen

try to connect to the unternet if u are connected try if your port are
blocked
by enter to start\run\cmd
and type the command telnet
then press enter
then type
open popservername 110
press enter

if u see on the pop
Connecting To ...Could not open connection to the host, on port
110: Connect failed
u are blocked

if u see
+OK Mirapoint POP3PROXY 3.3.7-GR server ready
its ok

telnet then press enter
then type
open smtpservername 25
press enter
(the 25,110 is the incoming /outging port)

if u see on the smtp
220 SMTP .SMTP out Mail Server at your serv
ice - please...
its ok

try go
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001082921552806
if u have nav and disable outgoing mail scan
on nav or the antivirus that u have

MrBen wrote:
> Hi, I installed Xp SP2 last night and now have no internet connection on my
> PC. Firefox and IE won't connect and OUtlook can't send and recieve -
> error0x80040900. I''ve disabled Windows Firewall (I have a wireless router
> firewall). And I've tried pinging my laptop but the two machines aren't
> talking. I'm sure this it simple to resolve, but I'm stumped!
> --
> Thanks
> MrBen

TRENDING THREADS