Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Games on an older computer?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 7, 2012 9:59:57 PM

What sort of games can I play with the following specs?
-Radeon X800
-Athlon 64
-1 GB RAM

I'm looking for RPGs or FPS games, I've already got Far Cry 1, and Morrowind.

It's a horrible build, I know, but it's the only computer I have access to. (at the moment)

I'd like to run them at 30 fps, at least, on low settings, with a max of 1280x1024 resolution!

Thanks in advance. :) 

More about : games older computer

February 7, 2012 11:03:17 PM

Halo CE was awesome back in the day.
Still play CoD 2 on the PC once in a while.


and Halo 2, but I never played it on PC.
February 7, 2012 11:33:20 PM

FYI, Halo 2 cannot be played on Win XP. You need Win Vista or Win 7 to play that game. It requires DirectX 10.

Halo
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2.
Half Life 1 & 2
Vampire: Bloodlines
Dungeon Siege 1 & 2 (but not 3)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 (Win XP only)
Doom 3
Quake 4
Fallout 1 & 2 (good o' classic games)
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (good o' classic games)
Related resources
February 8, 2012 12:03:18 AM

jaguarskx said:
FYI, Halo 2 cannot be played on Win XP. You need Win Vista or Win 7 to play that game. It requires DirectX 10.

Halo
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2.
Half Life 1 & 2
Vampire: Bloodlines
Dungeon Siege 1 & 2 (but not 3)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 (Win XP only)
Doom 3
Quake 4
Fallout 1 & 2 (good o' classic games)
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (good o' classic games)



Thanks man! I just picked up VTM: Bloodlines from a friend, actually! There's no way to play KOTOR on Win 7?
February 8, 2012 12:22:18 AM

Hi :) 

Half life 1 and 2... Best FPS ever....

All the best Brett :) 
February 8, 2012 12:43:00 AM

alexthephallus said:
Thanks man! I just picked up VTM: Bloodlines from a friend, actually! There's no way to play KOTOR on Win 7?



Actually a little research brought up the following info about installing KOTOR 1 & 2 in Win Vista. Not sure if it works for Win 7, but at least it's a start.

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194324
February 8, 2012 1:09:59 AM

Before actually buying any of the games I recommended, check to see if it is compatible with Win 7.

Also, checkout GOG (Good Old Games) for games that may interest you. They tweaked the code to run on Win Vista / Win 7 and they are DRM free.

http://www.gog.com/
February 8, 2012 9:21:53 AM

I currently have KOTOR running in the background of my windows 7 machine...Zero compatability issues.
I haven't played it since 2004. Man it's such a trip, I'm od'ing on nostalgia.
February 8, 2012 9:28:38 AM

+1 for gog.com
February 8, 2012 11:50:19 AM

you will be limited to shader model 2 games meaning dx9 mostly my bro inlaw had the x800 pro and could play anything up to crysis and riddick... so you do have a good back catalog of games to play... i would recommend you swap it out for an ati 3670 or similar so you can play the newer titles all be at limited rez and modest settings.
February 8, 2012 10:44:07 PM

HEXiT said:
you will be limited to shader model 2 games meaning dx9 mostly my bro inlaw had the x800 pro and could play anything up to crysis and riddick... so you do have a good back catalog of games to play... i would recommend you swap it out for an ati 3670 or similar so you can play the newer titles all be at limited rez and modest settings.


Haha, thanks man! I'm actually in the process of building a computer, but I won't have the money for another two months or so, so I'm getting by on this!
!