Sign in with
Your question

Can't get Xbox 360 controller to work on PC W7

Last response: in Video Games
February 8, 2012 4:44:26 AM

Hey guys, I have a problem.

I have a wireless xbox 360 controller, but I have a rechargable battery pack. I'm trying to connect the controller via USB through the rechargeable cord.

My computer recognizes the USB connection, and I get a green light on the cord, yet when I press the main controller button to turn it on, it just flashes green.

I've tried everything I can think of. I installed all the updates and drivers and Microsoft accessories and no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
February 8, 2012 4:44:57 AM

It's windows 7 64-bit, forgot to include that...sorry.
m
l
February 8, 2012 6:52:30 AM

Wireless Xbox 360 controllers will not work with windows 7 when connected via play and charge. Windows will recognize the controller and it will charge, but you wont be able to play any games.

You'll either need this Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver.
Or a Wired controller.
m
l
Related resources
February 10, 2012 7:40:41 PM

yep, I bought one of those on ebay (not original) for about 10$ a year ago. It works like a charm, the only downside to it not being original is that you have to manually install the driver (from MS) as windows will not recognize it.
m
l
August 13, 2012 1:39:26 PM

try reinstalling the driver. that might fix your problem. i have one too. and mines work perfectly on cod black ops on pc. burnout paradise pc. lego harry potter years 5-7. and of course the elder scrolls 5 skyrim.
m
l
August 13, 2012 2:07:05 PM

Hia mate, yeah this won't work with the USB connection. The USB connection you have is only a Charge Kit and doesn't actually have a connection running through it. You'll need one of the PC Wireless plug-and-play kits. I had the same issue last year. They're pretty darn cheap now and well worth it.
m
l
!