Error loading c:\WINDOWS\System32\MSA64CHK.dll

The specified module could not be found.

I have this error meassge every time i start my pc.
Can anyone advise what it mean, and what i can do?

Hi

Something 'nasty' may have infected your system - run the following progams
to see if there is any spyware on your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.or­g/
CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloa­ds/cwshredder.zip
Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.co­m/spywareblaster.html

Also see the following links:

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.ht­m
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/un­wanted.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Error loading c:\WINDOWS\System32\MSA64CHK.dll
>
> The specified module could not be found.
>
> I have this error meassge every time i start my pc.
> Can anyone advise what it mean, and what i can do?

Will Denny, thank you, but i have spyware installed on my PC, and i run it
every so often, it detects many infections and i alwaya just remove them, but
this error message persists...I DOnt know what to do.HELP!

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Something 'nasty' may have infected your system - run the following progams
> to see if there is any spyware on your system:
>
> Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
> Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.or­g/
> CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloa­ds/cwshredder.zip
> Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com
>
> Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:
>
> http://www.javacoolsoftware.co­m/spywareblaster.html
>
> Also see the following links:
>
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.ht­m
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/un­wanted.htm
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Error loading c:\WINDOWS\System32\MSA64CHK.dll
> >
> > The specified module could not be found.
> >
> > I have this error meassge every time i start my pc.
> > Can anyone advise what it mean, and what i can do?

hello lisa

what u need to do is remove the file from the registry
start/run/(type) regedit then ok

in the left hand colum you will see 5 folders with plus boxes

click on the + at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
+ SOFTWARE
+ Microsoft
+ Windows
+ CurrentVersion
then click on the Run folder and delete the file that is named in the in the
error message
if its not there do the same steps in HKEY_CURRENT_USER
lets know how you get on

"Lisa" wrote:

> Will Denny, thank you, but i have spyware installed on my PC, and i run it
> every so often, it detects many infections and i alwaya just remove them, but
> this error message persists...I DOnt know what to do.HELP!
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Something 'nasty' may have infected your system - run the following progams
> > to see if there is any spyware on your system:
> >
> > Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
> > Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.or­g/
> > CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloa­ds/cwshredder.zip
> > Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com
> >
> > Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:
> >
> > http://www.javacoolsoftware.co­m/spywareblaster.html
> >
> > Also see the following links:
> >
> > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.ht­m
> > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/un­wanted.htm
> >
> > --
> >
> > Will Denny
> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> > Please reply to the News Groups
> >

> > "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Error loading c:\WINDOWS\System32\MSA64CHK.dll
> > >
> > > The specified module could not be found.
> > >
> > > I have this error meassge every time i start my pc.
> > > Can anyone advise what it mean, and what i can do?

Thanks for your info, i have follwoed the instructions, but the file is no
where to be found, i tried both folders that you have suggested. Is there
any possibility it would be in any of the other 3.

Thanks
Lisa