Hi everyone
I've had this problem for a few weeks now & my system is getting slower amd
slower. Each time I try to run "Diskeeper Lite" I get the following message..

"Diskeeper has detected the CHKDSK is scheduled to run on the volume (C).
This is due to either a user request, oe because the operating system had
found errors in the file system. CHKDSK will run automatically during the
next system reboot. Until CHKDSK is run, Diskeeper cannot defragment this
volume"

My daughter says she seems to think she responded to some message relating
to diskeeper but hasn't a clue what it was about.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to what has happened and how to sort it
out?
Thanks

"tegweni" <tegweni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone
> I've had this problem for a few weeks now & my system is getting slower
> amd
> slower. Each time I try to run "Diskeeper Lite" I get the following
> message..
>
> "Diskeeper has detected the CHKDSK is scheduled to run on the volume (C).
> This is due to either a user request, oe because the operating system had
> found errors in the file system. CHKDSK will run automatically during the
> next system reboot. Until CHKDSK is run, Diskeeper cannot defragment this
> volume"
>
> My daughter says she seems to think she responded to some message relating
> to diskeeper but hasn't a clue what it was about.
>
> Can anyone give me any pointers as to what has happened and how to sort it
> out?
> Thanks

Reboot your computer and let chkdsk run. When the screen comes up about
pressing a key to abort chkdsk don't press a key. Warning! If you have a
large hard drive it may take quite while for chkdsk to finish. Also this may
be a sign that there is a problem with your hard drive. Before doing
anything make sure you have backed up your important data.

Kerry