Automatically turn off computer?

I created a scheduled task to turn off my computer via the command line
"shutdown.exe -s". I also tried "shutdown.exe -l -s". Unfortunately, it
restarts the machine in either case so it's left powered-on at the welcome
screen. How can the machine be turned off completely?
1 answer Last reply
More about automatically turn computer

    More info here:
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shutcut.php

    Scott99 wrote:
    > I created a scheduled task to turn off my computer via the command
    > line "shutdown.exe -s". I also tried "shutdown.exe -l -s".
    > Unfortunately, it restarts the machine in either case so it's left
    > powered-on at the welcome screen. How can the machine be turned off
    > completely?

Computers Microsoft Shutdown Windows XP