Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Which graphic card is best for GTA IV?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Graphics Cards
  • Video Games
  • Product
Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 9, 2012 7:21:11 AM

Hello,
I bought a new desktop last month, but 'm continuing with my old graphic card, which is ATI sapphire HD 4350. Eventhough 'm having 2nd Generation core i3, i cant run GTA IV smoothly, and often getting error RESC 10 and the game get closed. please anybody suggest me a graphic card, which can run GTA IV smoothly, without lag in high settings.my system configuration is

Intel Core i3 2100 3.1GHz

8 GB DDR3 Transcend 1033 Mhz (2x4 GB DDR3)

ATI sapphire HD 4350 1 GB DDR2

22'' BenQ G2222HDL

and 'm running budget too. I have some plans to try any of these cards

2 GB AMD HD5450 DDR5

1 GB AMD HD6570 DDR5

1 GB AMD HD5570 DDR5

1 GB nVIDIA GT440 DDR3

please tell me a suggestion. I'm in big confusion.

More about : graphic card gta

a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2012 8:51:47 AM

There's already a sticky at the top of the forum on this topic. Have a look:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/113964-13-requirement...

You should know that GTA4 demands a pretty powerful processor. I see you're running a dual core. This, I'm afraid, will be your biggest drawback since the game struggles even on more powerful quad cores. You'll be better off with a quad core running at least 3.6GHz.

As regards the GPU, you'll need a powerful one to compliment the processor. Sorry to say that none of the GPU's you've listed are good enough for GTA4. They're all mid-range cards and definitely not good enough for GTA4!
You'll need at least a GTX560Ti to have a decently smooth experience. I'd recommend a GTX570 or an HD 6870.

Confused? Bet you are! :)  But that's GTA4 for you....a badly coded title which wa initially meant for consoles and the developer's at Rockstar did a fa*t of a job porting it to the PC. What's your 'budget'? We'll try and see you through best we can, but if you're sticking with that CPU don't expect great results. Sad, but true.
Score
0
February 9, 2012 9:12:05 AM

namelessonez said:
There's already a sticky at the top of the forum on this topic. Have a look:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/113964-13-requirement...

You should know that GTA4 demands a pretty powerful processor. I see you're running a dual core. This, I'm afraid, will be your biggest drawback since the game struggles even on more powerful quad cores. You'll be better off with a quad core running at least 3.6GHz.

As regards the GPU, you'll need a powerful one to compliment the processor. Sorry to say that none of the GPU's you've listed are good enough for GTA4. They're all mid-range cards and definitely not good enough for GTA4!
You'll need at least a GTX560Ti to have a decently smooth experience. I'd recommend a GTX570 or an HD 6870.

Confused? Bet you are! :)  But that's GTA4 for you....a badly coded title which wa initially meant for consoles and the developer's at Rockstar did a fa*t of a job porting it to the PC. What's your 'budget'? We'll try and see you through best we can, but if you're sticking with that CPU don't expect great results. Sad, but true.


yes man still 'm in confusion.. leave that, can i play it in medium settings, atleast 1360x768 with 25fps? is that possible with any of those cards?
Score
0
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2012 10:13:34 AM

Well, your best bet - strictly from that list - will be either the 6570 or the GT440. I'd recommend the GT440. At that resolution, yes i think you should manage to scrape through on medium settings. I dunno if you'll get 25 fps (or more for that matter) seeing that your resolution isn't too demanding.
Score
0
February 10, 2012 8:54:39 AM

namelessonez said:
Well, your best bet - strictly from that list - will be either the 6570 or the GT440. I'd recommend the GT440. At that resolution, yes i think you should manage to scrape through on medium settings. I dunno if you'll get 25 fps (or more for that matter) seeing that your resolution isn't too demanding.

how about a 6770? and if 1368x768 is not too demanding for those cards, can i play in 1600x900 ?
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2012 9:10:11 AM

The more you raise the resolution, the more demanding the game will get and hence, the more resources will be required from the CPU and GPU. So yes, 1600x900 would be a bit demanding considering your CPU being the bottleneck, even with a 6770. True, the 6770 is a much better card than those listed by you but that by itself would not suffice to get best results in GTA4. But you should get through with medium settings on that resolution (1600x900).
Score
0
February 11, 2012 5:32:38 AM

viknesh2020 said:
how about a 6770? and if 1368x768 is not too demanding for those cards, can i play in 1600x900 ?


I have the Asus GT440 myself, and play GTA 4 on it. I can run it at fairly decent settings and it still looks good, doesn't lag. Though it makes some heat!
Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2012 12:02:16 AM

my gaming laptop which has a 260m and an old t9800 cpu clocked at 2.93 ghz can run gta 4 at roughly 30 fps with high detail at 1368x768.

the gtx 260m is a less powerful version of the gtx 260 and the hd 6770 is a better card compared to the 260. So you should be able to pull 30+ fps at 1368x768 at high details.

30 plus is likely at 16:9 at medium or lower but cant really say for certain.

6850 is a great budget card and can be found for about 130ish

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?nm_mc=AFC-Te...

120.00 after rebate.

eventually you will run into cpu bottleneck but right now your gpu is bottleneck of your system
Share
February 13, 2012 2:34:42 AM

namelessonez said:
The more you raise the resolution, the more demanding the game will get and hence, the more resources will be required from the CPU and GPU. So yes, 1600x900 would be a bit demanding considering your CPU being the bottleneck, even with a 6770. True, the 6770 is a much better card than those listed by you but that by itself would not suffice to get best results in GTA4. But you should get through with medium settings on that resolution (1600x900).


what is the difference between 6770 and 6850? is there any performance variations between them?
Score
0
February 13, 2012 2:35:52 AM

jessiah331 said:
I have the Asus GT440 myself, and play GTA 4 on it. I can run it at fairly decent settings and it still looks good, doesn't lag. Though it makes some heat!


do you have gt440 ddr5 or ddr3? can you show any screenshot of your gameplay?
Score
0
February 13, 2012 12:56:27 PM

I have the same GPU(Radeon HD 4350) and a 2.8 GHz Dual-Core, and i managed to run GTA IV with decent graphics after going through a lot of ****. I set the texture resolution to medium, shadows to low, and resolution to 1280x720, and used the memrestrict command line. But it's not worth all the trouble you have to go through, and I soon got bored with it.
Score
0
February 14, 2012 9:44:52 PM

The Biggest problem in GTA IV is not processor power but memory bottlenecks, try reducing view distance, textures.
Also update it, the latest version when i played was 1.0.7.0
Score
0
February 25, 2012 4:28:23 AM

Best answer selected by viknesh2020.
Score
0
a c 274 U Graphics card
February 25, 2012 8:29:51 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!