buckshot

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2004

Hi,
When I click on "Windows Update" icon anywhere(Start, Control Panel, Tools)
I get the following:

"Thank you for your interest in Windows Update
Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the
most out of your computer.
You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to use
Windows Update."

I AM running XP pseronal 6.0 with SP-2...What gives???

Make sure you are only using Internet Explorer when
visiting the Windows Update web site and not some
third-party browser.

1. Open Control Panel and double-click Internet Options.
2. Click the Programs tab.
3. Click to select the Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser check box.
4. Click OK.
5. Start Internet Explorer and when you are prompted to make it the default browser, click Yes.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"BuckShot" wrote:

| Hi,
| When I click on "Windows Update" icon anywhere(Start, Control Panel, Tools)
| I get the following:
|
| "Thank you for your interest in Windows Update
| Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the
| most out of your computer.
| You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to use
| Windows Update."
|
| I AM running XP pseronal 6.0 with SP-2...What gives???

buckshot

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2004

Thank you but NO LUCK!! :(

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Make sure you are only using Internet Explorer when
> visiting the Windows Update web site and not some
> third-party browser.
>
> 1. Open Control Panel and double-click Internet Options.
> 2. Click the Programs tab.
> 3. Click to select the Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser check box.
> 4. Click OK.
> 5. Start Internet Explorer and when you are prompted to make it the default browser, click Yes.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "BuckShot" wrote:
>
> | Hi,
> | When I click on "Windows Update" icon anywhere(Start, Control Panel, Tools)
> | I get the following:
> |
> | "Thank you for your interest in Windows Update
> | Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the
> | most out of your computer.
> | You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to use
> | Windows Update."
> |
> | I AM running XP pseronal 6.0 with SP-2...What gives???

Follow this:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
Look for "When attempting to access the Windows Update Web site you receive
the following message: Thank You -- you must be running a Microsoft windows
operating system in order to use windows update"

Otherwise follow the Windows Update Checklist:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updtcl.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"BuckShot" <BuckShot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> When I click on "Windows Update" icon anywhere(Start, Control Panel,
> Tools)
> I get the following:
>
> "Thank you for your interest in Windows Update
> Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the
> most out of your computer.
> You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to use
> Windows Update."
>
> I AM running XP pseronal 6.0 with SP-2...What gives???

buckshot

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2004

Thanks,
BuckShot

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Follow this:
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
> Look for "When attempting to access the Windows Update Web site you receive
> the following message: Thank You -- you must be running a Microsoft windows
> operating system in order to use windows update"
>
> Otherwise follow the Windows Update Checklist:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updtcl.htm
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "BuckShot" <BuckShot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > When I click on "Windows Update" icon anywhere(Start, Control Panel,
> > Tools)
> > I get the following:
> >
> > "Thank you for your interest in Windows Update
> > Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the
> > most out of your computer.
> > You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to use
> > Windows Update."
> >
> > I AM running XP pseronal 6.0 with SP-2...What gives???

connectionwizard

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
If you click on this link http://www.connectionwizard.comoj.com/ and go to my malware removal section, there is detailed instructions that will help you. just click on the instructions link. the software is totally free and very easy instructions on using it. Everyone needs to get all the microsoft updates before the worm hits. Microsoft updates has a patch so you won't get it. I hear it's a bad one too. Tell your friends about this site when you are done. The site is currently under construction but I do have all the links for the software up and starting the instructions, now so be patient. Instructions for the first one are already in there.