Need help with silly question

My EQII main menu button (lower left of screen) has disappeared and I cannot
get it back. I'm sure it's something simple, but for the life of me I
cannot find it. Hard to play without access to menus.

thx.
3 answers Last reply
More about need silly question

    "jakesnake66" <jake@lycos.com> wrote in

    > My EQII main menu button (lower left of screen) has disappeared and I
    > cannot get it back. I'm sure it's something simple, but for the life
    > of me I cannot find it. Hard to play without access to menus.

    I didn't know you could make that button go away, but I have a couple of
    suggestions.

    Did you change your display resolution in the game so that maybe it was
    pushed out of the visible area? I don't know if it actually behaves that
    way or not.

    Did you play with the letterbox setting to make the black areas at the top
    and bottom of the display too small, allowing the game view area to cover
    up the button? Again, I don't know if that setting would cause that or not.

    --
    Rumble
    -- Benjamin Franklin

    "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
    > "jakesnake66" <jake@lycos.com> wrote in
    >
    > > My EQII main menu button (lower left of screen) has disappeared and I
    > > cannot get it back. I'm sure it's something simple, but for the life
    > > of me I cannot find it. Hard to play without access to menus.
    >
    > I didn't know you could make that button go away, but I have a couple of
    > suggestions.
    >
    > Did you change your display resolution in the game so that maybe it was
    > pushed out of the visible area? I don't know if it actually behaves that
    > way or not.
    >
    > Did you play with the letterbox setting to make the black areas at the top
    > and bottom of the display too small, allowing the game view area to cover
    > up the button? Again, I don't know if that setting would cause that or
    not.

    Thank you for your input, but, no, as far as I can tell I didn't do any of
    those things prior to the problem. At least the button isn't pushed off the
    screen because of resolution (I have made display setting changes from time
    to time). Everything else looks normal. A friend of mine says he vaguely
    remembers hearing of a rare glitch that causes this, but he didn't remember
    the details, and he didn't have a fix. Very strange.

    Alt-` gets the button back.
    that's the alt key and the aposterphe key to the left of the 1.

Games Video Games