joe_tlj

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2003
Periodically Windows xp has had an issue with my cd-dvd burners. I say cd-dvd burners becuase I've had this same problem for about 4 years, durring this time my computer has incrementally been rebuilt, so i've gone from a cd burner to a dvd burner over the years. Here's what happens: after X amount of happy months where everything works, I go to burn a cd or dvd, and I get a error (from nero) saying that something is wrong with the cd. I know this is a Windows issue because I've trouble shot the snot out of this thing. Uninstall/reinstalling Nero does nothing, but a reinstall of windows (or repair) tends to set things right again. Is there a better way to reset all my cd-dvd burning ... stuff?

<font color=green>(My joy at finding you wrong)</font color=green> - <font color=red>(Trying to show you why)</font color=red> = 0

joe_tlj

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2003
gearsec.exe! That's not supposed to be there... very odd. I don't think I've ever installed a Gear Soft product. A handy uninstaller at their website makes short work of their nefarious ASPI meddeling. Problem Solved. I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this.

<font color=green>(My joy at finding you wrong)</font color=green> - <font color=red>(Trying to show you why)</font color=red> = 0