I no longer have CTRL ALT DELETE Functions.

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 5, 2005 11:22:08 PM

Well I guess the subject says it all. None of the accounts on my computer
have the use of CTRL ALT DELETE anymore not even the main one. Is this caused
by spy-ware and should i even be worried? Is there a way to fix this? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : longer ctrl alt delete functions

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 2:00:04 AM

Your PC is probably now infected with viruses/spyware/malware.

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69...

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=i...

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware

Antivirus software: Frequently asked questions
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/antivi...

Install Avast! antivirus program (FREE)

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Daniel The Inept" wrote:

| Well I guess the subject says it all. None of the accounts on my computer
| have the use of CTRL ALT DELETE anymore not even the main one. Is this caused
| by spy-ware and should i even be worried? Is there a way to fix this? Any
| help would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 6:56:41 PM

"Daniel The Inept" <Daniel The Inept@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:27C8F1F1-7562-4386-AF5B-45A9EAB06B1B@microsoft.com...
> Well I guess the subject says it all. None of the accounts on my computer
> have the use of CTRL ALT DELETE anymore not even the main one. Is this
> caused
> by spy-ware and should i even be worried? Is there a way to fix this? Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

See if you can access it other ways. Try going to the start menu, run, and
type taskmgr Or browse for the file and double-click to run it.

While it may be spyware or viruses, if this is the only thing affected, it
could be a problem with one of the keys. Some people never use alt, for
example, and may not realize that the key is dysfunctional or remapped
somehow.
July 8, 2005 3:26:02 PM

I have tried spy ware removers and have run the key diagnostic and have not
as o9f yet gotten access back. When I tried the startmenu->run->tasmgr it
said that another program was running that application. Would this knowledge
limit the number of viruses that it could be or are there just so many its
immpossible to tell? Ill continue running diffrent spyware removers thank you
for the help.

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 1:19:13 PM

I would like to edit my last entry but it seems I cant. I just got back
ctrl-alt-delete functions but I can only see the running applications and
that is all. The tabs that are supposed to be there are not. Again I dont
know if this would help narrow the spyware/virus down but I hope it helps
somewhat. Thank you.
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 6:26:36 AM

Press Ctrl + Tab to change tabs. Press Alt + F4 to exit. Dbl click a graph body or border to toggle view mode.

This is not a problem. You dbl clicked the border.
!