I no longer have CTRL ALT DELETE Functions.

Well I guess the subject says it all. None of the accounts on my computer
have the use of CTRL ALT DELETE anymore not even the main one. Is this caused
by spy-ware and should i even be worried? Is there a way to fix this? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.
5 answers Last reply
More about longer ctrl delete functions

    Your PC is probably now infected with viruses/spyware/malware.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

    Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=YVXRORVWHFHMFNZMBBX

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    Antivirus software: Frequently asked questions
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/antivirus.mspx

    Install Avast! antivirus program (FREE)

    3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

    Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
    to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

    How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

    HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Daniel The Inept" <Daniel The Inept@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:27C8F1F1-7562-4386-AF5B-45A9EAB06B1B@microsoft.com...
    > Well I guess the subject says it all. None of the accounts on my computer
    > have the use of CTRL ALT DELETE anymore not even the main one. Is this
    > caused
    > by spy-ware and should i even be worried? Is there a way to fix this? Any
    > help would be greatly appreciated.

    See if you can access it other ways. Try going to the start menu, run, and
    type taskmgr Or browse for the file and double-click to run it.

    While it may be spyware or viruses, if this is the only thing affected, it
    could be a problem with one of the keys. Some people never use alt, for
    example, and may not realize that the key is dysfunctional or remapped
    somehow.

    I have tried spy ware removers and have run the key diagnostic and have not
    as o9f yet gotten access back. When I tried the startmenu->run->tasmgr it
    said that another program was running that application. Would this knowledge
    limit the number of viruses that it could be or are there just so many its
    immpossible to tell? Ill continue running diffrent spyware removers thank you
    for the help.

    I would like to edit my last entry but it seems I cant. I just got back
    ctrl-alt-delete functions but I can only see the running applications and
    that is all. The tabs that are supposed to be there are not. Again I dont
    know if this would help narrow the spyware/virus down but I hope it helps
    somewhat. Thank you.

    Press Ctrl + Tab to change tabs. Press Alt + F4 to exit. Dbl click a graph body or border to toggle view mode.

    This is not a problem. You dbl clicked the border.
    "Daniel The Inept" <DanielTheInept@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9E94972-23FD-47F5-8A13-F639FD7F7443@microsoft.com...
    >I would like to edit my last entry but it seems I cant. I just got back
    > ctrl-alt-delete functions but I can only see the running applications and
    > that is all. The tabs that are supposed to be there are not. Again I dont
    > know if this would help narrow the spyware/virus down but I hope it helps
    > somewhat. Thank you.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP