What can i run with my system?

rollis420

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
Hello,
I am in need of your advice. I have a AMD quad core processor, 8 gigs of ram, and a GT 545, and was curious about which modern games i will be able to run. I don't plan on upgrading my power supply for another video card, and i think the gt 545 is the best that i can get for my power supply. I want to play on 1920x1080 and it doesn't have to be on high settings. Burned out by the xbox community and want to start playing on my pc again after several years away. Currently i am playing Starcraft 2 on high with no problems. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Solution
your gfx is a little limited but if its the best you can currently use because of system limits then you will have to put up with reduced rez as well as textures in some games... most games should play at 1080p at medium or below which will be more than the console can do by a long shot. but games like bf3 you may have to drop the rez down to 16/10 or what ever ratio your monitor supports. just to give that little bit extra...

use fraps on everything as you play you will learn what limits your gfx card has and over a few weeks you will get a feel for thoughs limits... your benchmark to aim for is a minimum of 30 fps for single player meaning you may be able to add the little extras that set pc gaming apart. but online you really will...

addzy94

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
GT 545 and 8 gigs RAM with AMD Quad Core...would be my dream computer...though I would change the processor for an i7 extreme edition.

You shouldn't be posting this thread. The answer to your question would be every game released in history.

your gfx is a little limited but if its the best you can currently use because of system limits then you will have to put up with reduced rez as well as textures in some games... most games should play at 1080p at medium or below which will be more than the console can do by a long shot. but games like bf3 you may have to drop the rez down to 16/10 or what ever ratio your monitor supports. just to give that little bit extra...

use fraps on everything as you play you will learn what limits your gfx card has and over a few weeks you will get a feel for thoughs limits... your benchmark to aim for is a minimum of 30 fps for single player meaning you may be able to add the little extras that set pc gaming apart. but online you really will want 60+ minimum so you can counter any lag that the servers you play on introduce. meaning less eye candy over all...

when you can it will be worth the effort of getting a 550w minimum psu and say a gtx 460 gfx card... it really will make a world of difference, but thats for later/// good luck and most important have fun...

Solution