Hard drive

July 6, 2005 6:59:01 PM

Hello
Can anybody help
When i scan my computer with norton i get an error message saying "Drive
changed from C to C (28 problems) I do the auto fix and restart but the
problem remains, also if it has any bearing when i try to open add remove
hardware it say cannot add hardware installation already in progress.
Any idea's
--
john

More about : hard drive

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 2:38:06 AM

John, sometimes Norton gets a little over zealous. Go to MyComputer>rt
click on your drive icon and choose properties>
Tools>Check Now. It will ask if you want to check at next startup. Say,
Yes. If you want more assurance you can go to
the Manufacturers website ( hard drive ) and download a free drive
diagnostic utility. Also, try disabling Norton temporarily if you can .
news:D 4089979-C937-4EFE-B625-9D4C5CA62E7D@microsoft.com...
!