Skyrim screen flashing. Need help.

I just started playing Skyrim again and my screen flashes quite a bit when I'm outside, and not when I am in dungeons or houses. I have been checking around the forums for the same problem but I have only found stuff like shadow flickering and such.
I am running 2x 6850's and a i5 2500k.

Edit- The flashing is like a dark green flashing.
10 answers Last reply
More about skyrim screen flashing help
  1. Do you get the same flashing when you Shout? Try Shouting indoors too.
  2. Turn caps lock off, that solves everything, if for some supernatural reason it doesn't work, have a look at your refresh rate, or in the graphics settings turn on V-sync and turn off any filtering effects.
  3. Really? I sometimes get this too, after playing for about 2 hours.
  4. sounds like drivers
  5. I had it too. My card is Nvidia and my drivers were up to date at the time.

I would think they fixed it by now in updates - perhaps you're playing a pirated version.
  6. jk47 said:

I would think they fixed it by now in updates - perhaps you're playing a pirated version.

:D
  7. it was fixed in 1.3 update and the 12.1 driver release... so yeah im thinking pirate version 2.
  8. It appears to be linked with Crossfire. I turned my second card off and it stopped the flashing. I currently have 12.1 driver. I'm not sure what crossfire version I have.

How do you turn V sync back on?I turned it off a while back.
  9. it's in the ini file
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Intel i5 Skyrim Video Games