Can you make your PC prepare more for a application?

Taking the idea Of how a console works for a game, is there a way to make
windows become more devoted to a program or to a select few programs,
possibly locking out the option of using other programs if necessary. Im
basically trying to get My PC to work a bit harder.

Also does and one have any suggestions with modifying your start up
programs? Im pointing more towards looking at the msconfig (under the start
/run/mscomfig) startup options.

Thanks a lot for any help,
Sean

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:05FB8816-9F18-4DCA-917A-3B88833B64A8@microsoft.com,
Sean B <SeanB@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Taking the idea Of how a console works for a game, is there a way to
> make windows become more devoted to a program or to a select few
> programs, possibly locking out the option of using other programs if
> necessary. Im basically trying to get My PC to work a bit harder.
>
> Also does and one have any suggestions with modifying your start up
> programs? Im pointing more towards looking at the msconfig (under the
> start /run/mscomfig) startup options.
>

> Thanks a lot for any help,
> Sean

Hint: Look for a tweak that allows you to set an application to run at a
higher priority. (For instance see your task manager, click the processes,
and right click and set the priority to high. Don't set it to real time,
that's too intensive.) There's tweaks that will add it to the right click
menu. I'm not 100% certain but I think you can set that tweak with X-Setup
Pro. www.x-setup.net

I'm not sure which link will take you there so this one might get you past
the click after the ad so if not I'll give you both links.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/14500/14500.html?Ad=1

or

How can I run an Application at a higher priority?:
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/14500/14500.html&e=9797

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Thanks, think ill check out that software.

Sean