Connection Drops Frequently (Router/PPPoE issues)

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 28, 2005 4:42:44 AM

Hey group,

Every so often (15 minutes, 2 hours, basically random), my router loses
my connection to the internet (Sympatico HSE). Originally I thought it
was my wireless connection, though today I discovered that when the net
goes down, its only my Internet Connection that gets reset, while my
network connection remains intact.

I've done a bit of research and discovered that there are issues
relating to routers and PPPoE connections. I only have until monday to
return my router so I'd like some suggestions on routers that work
particularly well with PPPoE and/or Sympatico specifically.
Alternately, are there any solutions to the dropped connection problem?
I'm currently using a Linksys WRT54GS, recently upgraded firmware (last
week).

TIA
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 1:54:34 PM

It's not the Connection it's all router does the same
When you got to much connection or a Full scan off your ports
the ROUTER it's sumerge of connection the router can not handle it

i try many router and they does the same thinks

!