Sign in with
Your question

Xbox Controller doesnt work in Need for Speed: The Run

Last response: in Video Games
February 10, 2012 3:53:32 PM

Hello everyone :) 
Ive just gotten a xbox controller from a friend and intended to play NFS:TR with it...
now to the problem... i installed the win 7 64bit driver and my pc can see it. when i hit the home button i get my battery status and such... but when i enter the game it doesnt notice it even when i change the controlls to gamepad ingame :) 
Any help would be awesome thx :) 
February 10, 2012 4:09:29 PM

Are you connected via Plug and Charge kit?
February 10, 2012 4:23:53 PM

No it is a wireless one... it worked on his pc and he has the same OS wich is why im so confused
Related resources
February 10, 2012 4:44:11 PM

PS: Just tried it in Assassin's Creed : Revelations and it works fine. obviously a problem with nfs :/ 
EDIT: going to reinstall the game and try again... problem may be that the programm registers the gamepad when installing, because i installed the pad ofter the game... sounds strange xD but im no pro when it comes to pc stuff :p 
ill keep you updated
February 10, 2012 5:10:11 PM

check the device manager to see if the driver installed properly.
February 10, 2012 5:35:27 PM

found the problem... for some reason it thinks the joystick i have plugged in for BF3 is the more obvious thing to use than the controller... even if i make the controller the main hardware to use xD
i guess unplug the joy while playing NFS :D 
Hexit pointed me in the right direction thanks everyone :D 
February 10, 2012 6:54:55 PM

np. next time you ask a question pick question from the tabs just above the title input. that way you can kudos the user that gives the best answer...
currently you selected to make this a discussion thread.

congrats on fixing your prob btw.

May 25, 2012 7:51:11 PM

did it work? because i'm interested in buying a set up for that game on my computer i would like to know before i spend around $100.
Please and thank you :D 
May 25, 2012 9:18:22 PM

better to get the wired controller. it will plug and play straight away and will cost 30-50bux tops for 1 controller... you dont need to buy the offical pc 360 controler the original xbox 360 wired 1 works exactly the same... if you buy the pc labled 1 you will pay an extra 20 for nothing...
if you get the wireless 1 you will have to get the pc adapter which could cost 20-30 itself...
June 11, 2012 10:26:17 PM

Houzer said:
found the problem... for some reason it thinks the joystick i have plugged in for BF3 is the more obvious thing to use than the controller... even if i make the controller the main hardware to use xD
i guess unplug the joy while playing NFS :D 
Hexit pointed me in the right direction thanks everyone :D 

Im still having the problem where I can't get the xbox 360 controller working on need for speed the run pc. Im also using the wireless one. I've unplugged all other external mice, keyboards and control pads. How do you make the controller the main hardware to use? Any other ideas why its not working?
June 13, 2012 1:24:22 AM

remove all externals apart from the joy pad from the usb. externals meaning external storage, flash drives and other controllers.
then open system and see if theres a yellow or red caution next to the usb root hub, hid pointing device or sound and vidio game controllers.
if so unplug the controller and update the driver without it being connected then connect it and hopefully it will then be detected.
1s done make sure you calibrate it via the controller calibration suite in windows found in control panne/devices and printers. just right click on the joypad icon and start calibrating it. if it doesnt show up there then it may be broken. if it shows up fine and accepts calibration go into the game and select 360 controller specifically not the joystick or any other device thats listed...
June 16, 2013 5:14:17 PM

I guess the problem is a wrong .dll file in game folder. I downloaded the right .dll at www. dll-download-system. com/dlls/xinput1_3. zip (without spaces) and I replaced the dll at the game instalation folder. Before replacing the file, the XinputTest.exe in the program's folder was mapped with wrong buttons. After replacing the dll, the XinputTest.exe had the right mapping. However, when I'm in the game the buttons are still wrong. I guess that there's somewhere another copy of that wrong dll which is loaded when starting the game. Maybe if that wrong dll could also be replaced with the right dll...
I tried replacing the xinput1_3.dll at my system32 folder, however it doesn't fixed the issue.
!