Oops! Missing file for start up

July 8, 2005 9:45:13 AM

I just scanned my computer for viruses and adware and somehow must have
deleted a good file now cant find it anywhere and need it at start up.
How do I find it?
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 6:03:45 PM

Hi

Which particular file are you missing? If a Windows file try running the
following command from Start>Run:

sfc /scannow

You may need to have your XP CD to hand.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"debfromflorida" <debfromflorida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just scanned my computer for viruses and adware and somehow must have
> deleted a good file now cant find it anywhere and need it at start up.
> How do I find it?
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 6:03:46 PM

the file I am missing is C:\WINDOWS\cfgmgr.dll
and I have run searches for it and none can be found....where can I get a cd
for xp?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Which particular file are you missing? If a Windows file try running the
> following command from Start>Run:
>
> sfc /scannow
>
> You may need to have your XP CD to hand.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "debfromflorida" <debfromflorida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just scanned my computer for viruses and adware and somehow must have
> > deleted a good file now cant find it anywhere and need it at start up.
> > How do I find it?

July 8, 2005 6:03:47 PM

I Input cfgmgr.dll into google, and the first site that came up has a
download.
http://www.windll.com/library-c_600.php

Tom
| the file I am missing is C:\WINDOWS\cfgmgr.dll
| and I have run searches for it and none can be found....where can I get a
cd
| for xp?
|
| "Will Denny" wrote:
|
| > Hi
| >
| > Which particular file are you missing? If a Windows file try running
the
| > following command from Start>Run:
| >
| > sfc /scannow
| >
| > You may need to have your XP CD to hand.
| >
| > --
| >
| > Will Denny
| > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
| > Please reply to the News Groups
| >

| > "debfromflorida" <debfromflorida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| > >I just scanned my computer for viruses and adware and somehow must have
| > > deleted a good file now cant find it anywhere and need it at start up.
| > > How do I find it?

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 6:39:31 AM

"" wrote:
> Hi
>
> Which particular file are you missing? If a Windows file try
> running the
> following command from Start>Run:
>
> sfc /scannow
>
> You may need to have your XP CD to hand.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "debfromflorida" <debfromflorida@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
> >I just scanned my computer for viruses and adware and somehow
> must have
> > deleted a good file now cant find it anywhere and need it at
> start up.
> > How do I find it?

hello,
do you know the name of the file. if yes then you can copy that file
after getting it from someother pc by booting in the dos at the start
up.

OR
just put your windows xp cd at the start and boot from the cd. then
repair your windows as it will add all the neccessary files into you
system.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Perform-Maintain-Oops-Miss...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1761221
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 12:42:03 PM

Hi

That file doesn't appear to be part of Windows - it's not in the Microsoft
..DLL database - and I haven't got that file on any of my systems.

--

!