Oops! Missing file for start up

I just scanned my computer for viruses and adware and somehow must have
deleted a good file now cant find it anywhere and need it at start up.
How do I find it?
5 answers Last reply
More about oops missing file start

    Hi

    Which particular file are you missing? If a Windows file try running the
    following command from Start>Run:

    sfc /scannow

    You may need to have your XP CD to hand.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "debfromflorida" <debfromflorida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just scanned my computer for viruses and adware and somehow must have
    > deleted a good file now cant find it anywhere and need it at start up.
    > How do I find it?

    the file I am missing is C:\WINDOWS\cfgmgr.dll
    and I have run searches for it and none can be found....where can I get a cd
    for xp?

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Which particular file are you missing? If a Windows file try running the
    > following command from Start>Run:
    >
    > sfc /scannow
    >
    > You may need to have your XP CD to hand.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "debfromflorida" <debfromflorida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I just scanned my computer for viruses and adware and somehow must have
    > > deleted a good file now cant find it anywhere and need it at start up.
    > > How do I find it?

    I Input cfgmgr.dll into google, and the first site that came up has a
    download.
    http://www.windll.com/library-c_600.php

    Tom

    "" wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Which particular file are you missing? If a Windows file try
    > running the
    > following command from Start>Run:
    >
    > sfc /scannow
    >
    > You may need to have your XP CD to hand.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "debfromflorida" <debfromflorida@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > wrote in message
    > >I just scanned my computer for viruses and adware and somehow
    > must have
    > > deleted a good file now cant find it anywhere and need it at
    > start up.
    > > How do I find it?

    hello,
    do you know the name of the file. if yes then you can copy that file
    after getting it from someother pc by booting in the dos at the start
    up.

    OR
    just put your windows xp cd at the start and boot from the cd. then
    repair your windows as it will add all the neccessary files into you
    system.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Perform-Maintain-Oops-Missing-file-start-ftopict554575.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1761221

    Hi

    That file doesn't appear to be part of Windows - it's not in the Microsoft
    ..DLL database - and I haven't got that file on any of my systems.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "debfromflorida" <debfromflorida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > the file I am missing is C:\WINDOWS\cfgmgr.dll
    > and I have run searches for it and none can be found....where can I get a
    > cd
    > for xp?
    >
    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Which particular file are you missing? If a Windows file try running the
    >> following command from Start>Run:
    >>
    >> sfc /scannow
    >>
    >> You may need to have your XP CD to hand.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "debfromflorida" <debfromflorida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message
    >> >I just scanned my computer for viruses and adware and somehow must have
    >> > deleted a good file now cant find it anywhere and need it at start up.
    >> > How do I find it?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP