Presario 7PL290

I have a Presario 7PL290 that will not boot. It started off freezing up
after a few minutes of running ME. After powering it off it would boot back
up and immediately lockup again. Now it will not even boot to the first
screen. All fans are running, the harddrive clicks for about two seconds and
the CDROMS light up. I have swapped out memory, harddrive, video card and
IDE cables from known good parts with no difference. Is it likely the
motherboard is dead and if so will this case take a clone motherboard.
Thanks for any assistance.

hh

No on the clone motherboard, for reasons cited in the Compaq FAQ.
HH

"B A Haynes" <bahaynes@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Presario 7PL290 that will not boot. It started off freezing up
> after a few minutes of running ME. After powering it off it would boot
back
> up and immediately lockup again. Now it will not even boot to the first
> screen. All fans are running, the harddrive clicks for about two seconds
and
> the CDROMS light up. I have swapped out memory, harddrive, video card and
> IDE cables from known good parts with no difference. Is it likely the
> motherboard is dead and if so will this case take a clone motherboard.
> Thanks for any assistance.

Thanks for the info.