Get rid of BIG block of nothing in Add/Remove Programs???

July 9, 2005 2:50:03 PM

When I go into Add/Remove Programs, there's like 3 programs, then this HUGE
block of nothing. It can be selected like it's a program to be removed or
repaired. However there's no information (icon, description, remove button,
anything) in it. It's so big that it takes like a full minute of just
spinning my mouse wheel as fast as I can to scroll down. It might actually
take longer, I've never actually scrolled down the whole thing, I just grab
the little blue scroll bar and move it down to the bottom, but it's HUGE.
Then down at the bottom are the rest of my programs. It's really just kind of
annoying, it doesn't really harm anything that I'm aware of.
Further Information: It was there before we did a recent reinstall of
windows, now it's back, but it wasn't there untill I reinstalled some of our
programs. I checked periodically when reinstalling all the programs, and I
beleive itmay becaused by one of the older programs that we run on this
machine. However it's possible that I've already uninstalled the program that
caused it, but it's still there.

Can anyone point me to where/what to look for to try and eliminate it, or at
the very least just resize it to the normal progarm size. It's litterally 8
or 10 times as large as all my other programs combined.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 8:08:40 AM

Look under here in the registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

For a DisplayIcon entry that is set to -1

The item is usually the one after the space (and there may be space after it as well). But sometimes the entry is pushed offscreen. -1 is a valid way of specifing icons for most things but not for A/R.

"the Fiddler" <theFiddler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A868DD58-91A4-45AB-9A51-70A604958A0A@microsoft.com...
> When I go into Add/Remove Programs, there's like 3 programs, then this HUGE
> block of nothing. It can be selected like it's a program to be removed or
> repaired. However there's no information (icon, description, remove button,
> anything) in it. It's so big that it takes like a full minute of just
> spinning my mouse wheel as fast as I can to scroll down. It might actually
> take longer, I've never actually scrolled down the whole thing, I just grab
> the little blue scroll bar and move it down to the bottom, but it's HUGE.
> Then down at the bottom are the rest of my programs. It's really just kind of
> annoying, it doesn't really harm anything that I'm aware of.
> Further Information: It was there before we did a recent reinstall of
> windows, now it's back, but it wasn't there untill I reinstalled some of our
> programs. I checked periodically when reinstalling all the programs, and I
> beleive itmay becaused by one of the older programs that we run on this
> machine. However it's possible that I've already uninstalled the program that
> caused it, but it's still there.
>
> Can anyone point me to where/what to look for to try and eliminate it, or at
> the very least just resize it to the normal progarm size. It's litterally 8
> or 10 times as large as all my other programs combined.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 2:15:49 PM

See also:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/alt.cad.autocad/browse...

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"the Fiddler" <theFiddler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I go into Add/Remove Programs, there's like 3 programs, then this
> HUGE
> block of nothing. It can be selected like it's a program to be removed or
> repaired. However there's no information (icon, description, remove
> button,
> anything) in it. It's so big that it takes like a full minute of just
> spinning my mouse wheel as fast as I can to scroll down. It might actually
> take longer, I've never actually scrolled down the whole thing, I just
> grab
> the little blue scroll bar and move it down to the bottom, but it's HUGE.
> Then down at the bottom are the rest of my programs. It's really just kind
> of
> annoying, it doesn't really harm anything that I'm aware of.
> Further Information: It was there before we did a recent reinstall of
> windows, now it's back, but it wasn't there untill I reinstalled some of
> our
> programs. I checked periodically when reinstalling all the programs, and I
> beleive itmay becaused by one of the older programs that we run on this
> machine. However it's possible that I've already uninstalled the program
> that
> caused it, but it's still there.
>
> Can anyone point me to where/what to look for to try and eliminate it, or
> at
> the very least just resize it to the normal progarm size. It's litterally
> 8
> or 10 times as large as all my other programs combined.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
July 17, 2009 2:09:29 AM

who has way or software to make uninstall fully protected or need password administrator to uninstall...?
!