why does my floppy drive get accessed at logon?

sun

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

i am not talking about during boot as i have put harddrive as first in Bios.
when i just reach the desktop, the floppy drive is accessed for a few
seconds. i have reinstalled the floppy drive, checked there are no shortcuts
to floppy drive files, and deselected 'check floppy drive' in norton
antivirus. i have also removed all spyware and viruses using about 8
utilities.

what could it be?

sun

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

is there any way that i can disable this from happening?

it seems to slow down my pc as i cannot do anything in the time it is
accessed.

map

sun wrote:
> i am not talking about during boot as i have put harddrive as first
> in Bios. when i just reach the desktop, the floppy drive is accessed
> for a few seconds. i have reinstalled the floppy drive, checked there
> are no shortcuts to floppy drive files, and deselected 'check floppy
> drive' in norton antivirus. i have also removed all spyware and
> viruses using about 8 utilities.
>
> what could it be?

Windows is just checking your floppy drive and any other drives CD, DVD
to be sure the hardware is funtioning as it should be.No Worries.

--
Mike Pawlak

Have a look at this...

Floppy Drive - Is Active
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_f.htm#xp_floppy

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:38B2F520-E025-4375-89C4-5CBB4917FEEE@microsoft.com,
sun <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> is there any way that i can disable this from happening?
>
> it seems to slow down my pc as i cannot do anything in the time it is
> accessed.

sun

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

hi. thanks for the help but nothing worked.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Have a look at this...
>
> Floppy Drive - Is Active
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_f.htm#xp_floppy
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:38B2F520-E025-4375-89C4-5CBB4917FEEE@microsoft.com,
> sun <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > is there any way that i can disable this from happening?
> >
> > it seems to slow down my pc as i cannot do anything in the time it is
> > accessed.

TRENDING THREADS