Cell phone reception and wireless network?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 28, 2005 10:14:11 PM

Hi all,
I've used my current cell provider for about 8 years but recently my
reception at home has been terrible. I can't really receive a call at my
house anymore and I can't think of what may have changed that would cause
that. The provider tells me that there is a cell station (or whatever) not
far from here so that is probably not the issue. I have a Linksys wireless
router (WRT54G) that routes my home network and I'm wondering if maybe there
is some connection? It's currently broadcasting on Channel 5.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gary
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 10:38:14 PM

Hmm...might just be my imagination but I switched from Channel 5 to Channel
11 and my phone seems a LOT better.
Gary

"algae" <boycefamilynospam@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> Hi all,
> I've used my current cell provider for about 8 years but recently my
> reception at home has been terrible. I can't really receive a call at my
> house anymore and I can't think of what may have changed that would cause
> that. The provider tells me that there is a cell station (or whatever) not
> far from here so that is probably not the issue. I have a Linksys wireless
> router (WRT54G) that routes my home network and I'm wondering if maybe
there
> is some connection? It's currently broadcasting on Channel 5.
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Gary

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 12:36:52 PM

Gary,

>From here on out, you'll find that Channels 1,6,and 11 should be the
ONLY channels you want to be on.

Chris
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 1:07:27 AM

"NetSteady" <cmhutch@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Gary,
>
>>From here on out, you'll find that Channels 1,6,and 11 should be the
> ONLY channels you want to be on.
Why? This would help minimize interference to his router from other
routers, but his problem was his cell phone's performance. Does a cell
phone use similar frequencies as a router?
LT
!