WIN95 copy HDa to HDb

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
Hello people from Operating System land..

I have two hard drives with Windows 95 installed on them.

What is the best way to copy drive A to drive B?

It it posible without having the Window's CD or floppy disks?

<font color=blue>******
<font color=green>"My Memory is not working today"
<font color=blue>AIM SoCaliCrowley

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, I prefer to use Maxtor's Maxblast Plus, which is free for download, you have to go to advanced mode to use it, and for me, it's worked on other brands of drives (though you might get a version that doesn't).

There's other cloning freeware available, but I've always prefered MaxBlast.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
Thanks. It might work. Though this machine only has a floppy drive for input :-(

<font color=blue>******

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well then, it's good for you that MaxBlast Plus fits on a floppy.

When it boots, you go to a GUI with mouse function, which you need to exit in order to get to the drive copy feature. Basically, it ask you "Have you installed your new Maxtor hard drive?", you lie by clicking "yes", then go to "advanced" and "ok" or "next". Advanced takes you to a 16-color DOS type GUI, where you'll find the options in scroll down menus.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
MaxBlast.. sounds like fiber juice.

Let's see if it works on these machines.

<font color=blue>******

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
Is there a smaller version of the program?

I only see a 1.8MB download. I can only use a 1.4MB floppy disk.

<font color=blue>******

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Er, the last time I downloaded it, it included an exctrator program that formatted the floppy and extracted needed files onto it. So the extra .4MB would be the "floppy creator" portion.