How to disable a firewall

Hello - I have Windows XP and need to disable the fire wall temporarily. Can
anyone give me an "idiots guide" as to how to this. Trish

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
2. In the Search box type: FIREWALL , and hit enter.
3. Then click on the task titled: "Turn Windows Firewall on or off".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP