Backup 'all information on this computer' vs. ASR on WXP

Hi,
I would like to know about Backup 'all information on this computer'
vs. ASR on windows XP. I know that ASR doesn't save user data. Does the
Backup 'all information on this computer' alone (+incrementals of the
same) allows to restore everything including the OS and applications?
(Say I would reinstall and run a restore on the backups, if I must(?))

PS. Is there any difference between a Backup 'all information on this
computer' on the wizard, and marking the 'System State' and all the
Local Hard drives' check boxes on the Backup Tab?

One more question: I have only one HD which is C:\, there is an option
to mark only C:\ (and not the system state). This option seems to mark
all directories in the C:\ hard disk. Will this kind of backup save
also the "System State"? That is, if I backup C:\ and not the system
state, will I be able to recover the system to a new installation of
windows?

TRENDING THREADS