Microsoft Launches Xbox Live Rewards Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldtortilla

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
its about time but don't think that they are being generous now because they are giving you rewards, they will soon raise the priceses as they announced earlier. PC FTW!!!!!!

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
And they couldn't have simply done this with our Gamerscore? It took them this long to figure out this would be a good idea? No wonder Microsoft is loosing to Apple and Google!

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Wow... They have to bribe them now? Raping them for 'internet access' to things the rest of us get for free wasn't enough... Now they're bribing them to use it... And they wounder why I canceled my Xbox account over two years ago and never looked back. (They even sent me a 12+1 month card trying to entice me... it's sitting somewhere in my cabinet with my dust-covered console...) The only thing I even used it for was Netflix, and my Wii/Multiple HTPCs/etc. can all do them without a $60+ yearly fee... But that's just my opinion...

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
last week I had 50 bucks to spend, I figured id renew xbox live, then I looked at steam, and they only had borderlands $10, L4D2 7.50, CS:S $5, batman $10, and indie packs for $5 each... you can guess where all of it went...

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Hope they're going to award points for those of us that have already had XBL accounts for years. Oh wait, of course they won't. Oh well. Doesn't really impact me one way or another - not like point systems like that make it easy to actually *get* anything.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Apple+Google+Everyone else=25% total market share at most (and that's being generous)...Microsoft = The Rest....yeah they are really losing. I'm no MS funboy but that's just a rediculous statement.[/citation]

I didn't realize that Apple and Google had gaming consoles… what are they called?

This isn’t about OS market penetration so both of you are off (granted Aaron was even farther from the truth).

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
Has Tom's, along with so many other "news" sites, just decided to stop posting their source links in stories? Instead of forcing the reader to find it, a link to the source of this story needs to be posted. Now.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
[citation][nom]JSheridan[/nom]Are the cool prizes more points?[/citation]

Looks that way. Too bad it doesn't go by achievements that occurred before they introduced rewards.

And too bad it's only in the US and UK. No love for Canada as always.

Nice to see though they're finally offering rewards for using their services. It's like air miles but for playing games and using other xbox live services.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Oh and by the waySony/PSN is currently in the beta testing for their version dubbed playstation rewards. Being part of the sony playstation gamer advisory panel I was eligible to participate but unfortunately I missed the registration cut-off date. But that will probably be US/UK first before Canada as well. Which seems to be the trend with almost any free or rewards system concerning Canada.

Free is always a good thing. Guess I'll have to wait.

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Seems like a storm in a glass of water to me. Most of the "free" points are rewarded one time only according to the list and one of them once each year (or multiple times adding up to the same amount). The only repeatable way to collect points is taking part in surveys and it would take you about 40 surveys to actually be able to get something for the collected points. Seems to me that this is just another way to introduce more advertising in to our living rooms in and on hardware and software we bought and payed for already.

I would love to say that i am in the clear because i have a PS3 but there is already a lot of advertising going on on PSN. Am i the only one that would prefer not to have a comic book app on his PSP or several useless apps on his PS3 ?

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
[citation][nom]SirGCal[/nom]Wow... They have to bribe them now? Raping them for 'internet access' to things the rest of us get for free wasn't enough... Now they're bribing them to use it... And they wounder why I canceled my Xbox account over two years ago and never looked back. (They even sent me a 12+1 month card trying to entice me... it's sitting somewhere in my cabinet with my dust-covered console...) The only thing I even used it for was Netflix, and my Wii/Multiple HTPCs/etc. can all do them without a $60+ yearly fee... But that's just my opinion...[/citation]

I'll take that card off your hands. It'd be put to good use.

Status
Not open for further replies.