Forum on a site slowly or never loads...

Ok, on a site called tip.it, they have a forum, i have used it from time to
time and it loaded perfectly well. Well now, I use it a lot, and now I can
barely ever get it to load and sometimes it wont even load (I have dsl).
Every other page on tip.it works fine, same as every other site out there. I
mean it loads so slow, I could go to another country and back and it wouldn't
even be 50% done! When I am acctually in the forum if it loaded it doesn't
take that long to load, it only does when I try to get to it from outside the
forum itself. OK thats about it, if you have any questions let me know, and
thatnks for taking the time to help with my probs.
4 answers Last reply
More about forum site slowly loads

    It takes a while to load but it works.
    --
    That's just like my opinion, Man........

    In news:17E1248E-8852-40DB-AEBD-6D05F97E2C3F@microsoft.com,
    Bryan <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Ok, on a site called tip.it, they have a forum, i have used it from
    > time to time and it loaded perfectly well. Well now, I use it a lot,
    > and now I can barely ever get it to load and sometimes it wont even
    > load (I have dsl). Every other page on tip.it works fine, same as
    > every other site out there. I mean it loads so slow, I could go to
    > another country and back and it wouldn't even be 50% done! When I am
    > acctually in the forum if it loaded it doesn't take that long to
    > load, it only does when I try to get to it from outside the forum
    > itself. OK thats about it, if you have any questions let me know, and
    > thatnks for taking the time to help with my probs.

    I didn't review the site but I'm familiar with forums and the various
    scripts that are the most popular. If it's loading slow then they could turn
    on their compression if that's an option with their script. They could also
    try killing some of the older posts and taking some of the images off the
    main page if there's a lot of them. Most forums use a SQL database (there's
    still a slim few who do so with a flat file text based database but they're
    not so common any more) and often times webhosts will have a separate SQL
    server hosting far too many sites. Basically, what they will have done, is
    they've likely overloaded the SQL server. While they may have multiple
    servers running the sites and claim that they limit the sites to 100
    "accounts" per server they may also only have one SQL server (they are
    expensive but that's really not a good enough excuse) for a half dozen web
    servers. I'm not saying that this is the case with this particular site nor
    their hosts, just that this is what I've witnessed in the past. A half dozen
    busy forums, a small reseller hosting a couple popular sites with blogs,
    search engines, and other database files is enough to bog a server down
    pretty hard making the effects be felt by everyone who host there.

    One way to check is to check it on someone else's computer. You can do it a
    few times, at different times of the day. If they too have problems with it
    and there's no change then you might ask that the site's owners file a
    complain with their hosts. Most hosts have a stipulation in their FUP/TOS
    that state that sites aren't allowed to use more server resources than any
    other sites within reason. That's in place to keep one site from hogging all
    the resource and may very well be what you're experiencing now. Did this
    suddenly start recently? Does it work better at certain times of the day? I
    decided to check it out and seeing as it, the site, is a MMORPG site they
    might actually be the ones at fault for the server hogging. <g>

    Actually have you read their news?

    http://www.tip.it/runescape/

    If you do you will note that they mention having problems with their forum,
    that's probably what the trouble was and it's probably over now as they seem
    to think they have it figured out. *chuckles* Err...

    I opened the forum, it came right up, they have about nine bizillion
    quintilion people online and twice that many registered users. Well, of
    course it's slow! Anyhow, read their news page and that might let you know
    what is going on.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Greetings,

    This might be a problem due to your hosting or from their end.

    However, you can always check if you have any spyware or viruses installed
    on your computer.

    Trend-Micro
    offers a free online virus scan. This can be found here -
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    Also try scanning your computer from any spyware, malware or adware. You can
    try the following programs:

    1. Spybot Search and Destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    2. Adware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    3. Microsoft Anti-Spyware (Beta) use at your own risk -

    You can also try Trojan Remover (30 Day trial). This program removes trojans
    and viruses from your computer. URL -
    http://www.simplysup.com/

    Lastly, if you haven't upgraded to Windows XP Service Pack 2, I recommend
    you to download it from here -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

    --
    Best of Luck!
    Jose Francisco

    rights

    "Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, on a site called tip.it, they have a forum, i have used it from time
    > time and it loaded perfectly well. Well now, I use it a lot, and now I can
    > barely ever get it to load and sometimes it wont even load (I have dsl).
    > Every other page on tip.it works fine, same as every other site out there.
    > mean it loads so slow, I could go to another country and back and it
    > wouldn't
    > even be 50% done! When I am acctually in the forum if it loaded it doesn't
    > take that long to load, it only does when I try to get to it from outside
    > the
    > forum itself. OK thats about it, if you have any questions let me know,
    > and
    > thatnks for taking the time to help with my probs.

    Sorry, I made a mistake. Not your hosting, the website's hosting.

    --

    "Jose Francisco" <almach@onvol.net> wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > This might be a problem due to your hosting or from their end.
    >
    > However, you can always check if you have any spyware or viruses installed
    > on your computer.
    >
    > Trend-Micro
    > offers a free online virus scan. This can be found here -
    > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    >
    > Also try scanning your computer from any spyware, malware or adware. You
    > can
    > try the following programs:
    >
    > 1. Spybot Search and Destroy -
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    > 2. Adware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    > 3. Microsoft Anti-Spyware (Beta) use at your own risk -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    >
    > You can also try Trojan Remover (30 Day trial). This program removes
    > trojans
    > and viruses from your computer. URL -
    > http://www.simplysup.com/
    >
    > Lastly, if you haven't upgraded to Windows XP Service Pack 2, I recommend
    > you to download it from here -
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx
    >

    > --
    > Best of Luck!
    > Jose Francisco
    > Tutorials, XP Guides and tips - www.xpsorce.com
    > Need help - jose@nospam.xpsource.com

    > rights
    >

    > "Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Ok, on a site called tip.it, they have a forum, i have used it from time
    >> time and it loaded perfectly well. Well now, I use it a lot, and now I
    >> can
    >> barely ever get it to load and sometimes it wont even load (I have dsl).
    >> Every other page on tip.it works fine, same as every other site out
    >> there. I
    >> mean it loads so slow, I could go to another country and back and it
    >> wouldn't
    >> even be 50% done! When I am acctually in the forum if it loaded it
    >> doesn't
    >> take that long to load, it only does when I try to get to it from outside
    >> the
    >> forum itself. OK thats about it, if you have any questions let me know,
    >> and
    >> thatnks for taking the time to help with my probs.

Microsoft Windows XP