What do you do when downloading a game and internet connection times out

jayhook30

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Hello,
I just got civilization 5 and was forced to download game through Steam. My connection timed out while downloading (after like 7 hours) and now I can not get game to re download. What can I do ? Any help greatly appreciated.

addzy94

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Ok if you are downloading through steam and the connection times out it just means the download has paused.

You don't have to re-download everything again and you can start off from where it got timed out.

It works like torrents.

If you cannot re-download again it must be some problem with steam or some overload on the site probably because of sales or something.

DM186

Splendid
^+1
Like he said it will start where you left off. But if it doesn't restart then here is another trick to do.

Get into Steam. When in Click on Games. Then Click on view games library. Then right Click on the game you downloaded. Then Click on properties. Then Click on local files. Then Click on verify interaity of game cache.

It will start to load the files that didn't finnish the first time. You also do this when ever you play a game from steam and it crashs to desk top then you go into the verify interaity before you reload the game.

It took my PC 8 hours to down load Shogun 2 the total war game. My internet connection is 7 but it really is 5.47 and 56 up load speed. Any good luck to you.