Can USR Max-G router connect at 125 Mbps with USR 8054 Tur..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 29, 2005 1:24:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.routers,alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

All,

I have a USR 8054 Turbo router + PC card package which runs very well
(125Mbps). I am considering getting a USR 805461 MAXg router for reasons
beyond the scope of this discussion and wonder whether I will be able to
connect to it at 125 Mbps from the 8054 Turbo PC Card, or whether MAXg and
Turbo are such different protocols that the connection will go down to
common ground, i.e. 54 Mbps.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

BN
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 11:24:31 AM

"Bob Newheart" <paddo16_kill_spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I have a USR 8054 Turbo router + PC card package which runs very well
> (125Mbps). I am considering getting a USR 805461 MAXg router for reasons
> beyond the scope of this discussion and wonder whether I will be able to
> connect to it at 125 Mbps from the 8054 Turbo PC Card, or whether MAXg and
> Turbo are such different protocols that the connection will go down to
> common ground, i.e. 54 Mbps.
>
> Any ideas anyone?
>
> Thanks,
>
> BN

They do use different systems to boost the performance :-(
Although even the different systems are probably above your internet
connection throughput.

Tony
!