TJ

Hello, when we leave our computer on but are away from it for a hour or more
we have to restart it again before we can surf the web, check e-mails, etc
.... Is there a setting I can change or something? We have DSL service,
whether that makes a difference or not ... Please advise and thank you!

TJ wrote:
> Hello, when we leave our computer on but are away from it for a hour
> or more we have to restart it again before we can surf the web, check
> e-mails, etc ... Is there a setting I can change or something? We
> have DSL service, whether that makes a difference or not ... Please
> advise and thank you!

Check your Power settings..
Display Control Panel --> Screensaver tab --> Power.. button --> Power
Schemes..
Set them all to NEVER.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

It might also be just your DSL controller. On mine, if I don't have the
"keep alive" set to around 20/30 seconds it will time out and stop accessing
the internet until the next request. This sounds like what is happenint to
you. To do this, on mine, there is a "web page" access URL that you enter
into the browser that takes you to the control page of the DSL modem. If you
don't know it, call the DSL provider and ask them about the "keep alive"
setting.

"TJ" wrote:

> Hello, when we leave our computer on but are away from it for a hour or more
> we have to restart it again before we can surf the web, check e-mails, etc
> ... Is there a setting I can change or something? We have DSL service,
> whether that makes a difference or not ... Please advise and thank you!

TRENDING THREADS