Profile / Hidden App Problem

My notebook hard drive churns continuously when I'm logged in, all day. It
negatively affects performance of all productivity apps that I run. I run
AdAware and Spybot frequently, I've cleaned out startup, checked applications
and services in MSConfig, all with no help. If I log in as a different user,
the hard drive is quiet.

How can I identify what may be running from the registry when I'm logged in
as me, but doesn't run when I'm logged in as someone else?
1 answer Last reply
More about profile hidden problem

    I've got the same problem with my desktop. In the task manager under the
    processes tab, I found that "cisvc.exe" was cranking away, and I searched for
    the program file and found it in WINDOWS\SYSTEM32, and three other windows
    files, but these were modified 8 months ago or so, and this churning business
    only started a couple of months ago. Maybe it has to do with a recent Windows
    update I installed?

    "mikey" wrote:

    > My notebook hard drive churns continuously when I'm logged in, all day. It
    > negatively affects performance of all productivity apps that I run. I run
    > AdAware and Spybot frequently, I've cleaned out startup, checked applications
    > and services in MSConfig, all with no help. If I log in as a different user,
    > the hard drive is quiet.
    >
    > How can I identify what may be running from the registry when I'm logged in
    > as me, but doesn't run when I'm logged in as someone else?

Hard Drives Windows XP