Profile / Hidden App Problem

July 13, 2005 9:03:02 AM

My notebook hard drive churns continuously when I'm logged in, all day. It
negatively affects performance of all productivity apps that I run. I run
AdAware and Spybot frequently, I've cleaned out startup, checked applications
and services in MSConfig, all with no help. If I log in as a different user,
the hard drive is quiet.

How can I identify what may be running from the registry when I'm logged in
as me, but doesn't run when I'm logged in as someone else?
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 10:51:02 PM

I've got the same problem with my desktop. In the task manager under the
processes tab, I found that "cisvc.exe" was cranking away, and I searched for
the program file and found it in WINDOWS\SYSTEM32, and three other windows
files, but these were modified 8 months ago or so, and this churning business
only started a couple of months ago. Maybe it has to do with a recent Windows
update I installed?

!