Fortron BlueStorm 500 which side up?

Sp00nLude

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2002
only one 120mm fan. Which side goes up? I'm thinking the fan face down but wouldn't that suck up all the hot air in the case with no where to exit the psu?

edit: seems like the screws would only fit one way, and that is with the fan facing down.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Sp00nlude on 07/05/05 09:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

RichPLS

Champion
Wouldn't fan up suck in a vaccum, not cooling PSU???
I like it diagonal myself...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
Wusy has SATA connecters in his butt.

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
It goes with the fan facing down and the air will come out in the back.

<font color=orange>Anything good in life is either illegal immoral or fattening<font color=orange>

RichPLS

Champion
Right but fan facing up, airflow would be blocked creating a vacuum, overheating everything.

xall

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2004
so the only answer is that it should facing down to suck the hot air from the case.

I'm thinking the fan face down but wouldn't that suck up all the hot air in the case with no where to exit the psu?

actually the hot air will come out from the rear of the psu. but imo, the best way to put an psu is to have it at the bottom of the case room like on this antec p180 case:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article255-page3.html